PDA

View Full Version : Curry Night

mdhome
12th September 2002, 06:55
Any of you chaps in the UK interested in a curry night sometime this year? It would be nice to put faces to names.

Regards MD

GNEP
12th September 2002, 07:25
I'd be up for that. Any location/month in mind?

I'm based in London by the way.

gnep

RedRed
12th September 2002, 08:06
I am over on 'the mainland' from time to time... If I am there, Id love to come.....

ZokesPro
12th September 2002, 10:41
So this is a UK thing I take it?

SpiralDragon
12th September 2002, 12:26
most likely.... unless they have discovered some way to use those quantum teleportation devices effectively with humans... other wise we have to get a plain ticket..... hum wonder if i could fly in there in my dragon form with out being hunted down like most dragons by a knight .... :D..... my sense of hummer is not up to standards .. sorry...

Paddy
12th September 2002, 12:42
Both myself and asandrews (or whatever name he is going by now) live in Leicester. I can't speak for him, but curry is definently good. I Just made me a saag prawn for tea :) yum yum.

mdhome
12th September 2002, 12:54
Originally posted by ZokesPro
So this is a UK thing I take it?

Hi Zokes
Not really but it helps.

Regards Michael

Fat Tone
12th September 2002, 13:42
Count me in if it is practical. :cool:

ZokesPro
12th September 2002, 13:45
Originally posted by mdhome

Hi Zokes
Not really but it helps.

Regards Michael

What is it exactly?

RedRed
12th September 2002, 14:36
when I am over, its usually To Altrincham, or manchester.... Dunno if this helps....

Paddy
12th September 2002, 15:08
:) we seem to be spread about quite a bit... :)

ZokesPro
12th September 2002, 15:09
You guys are cryptic! :D

az
12th September 2002, 15:27
Anyone care to explain this ritual by the british natives? :)

AZ

RedRed
12th September 2002, 15:29
Zokespro

Curry night, a definition:

Lads sit around a bar and drink beer. At a designated time they leave the bar and move to a curry house.
They then eat some really, really hot food in the curry house, and drink lashing and lashing of beer.

curry house, a definition
A small restaurant, furnished in the mid-1970's style, with sticky carpets, and all the kitch India/Raj memorabillia it can lay its hands on. This must, by law, have the most uncomfortable chairs it can get.;) The menu may well have upwards of 100 things on it, rated with a number of stars. 1, 2 &3 stars are almost universally ignored - unless its for girls. 4 & 5 start (of which there might only be 3 or 4 on the menu) are the sole reason for the existance of the Curry house. It is also the law that beer is served with the meal, and at least 10 additional botles are added to the bill.

Thats about it....
the next morning you have a hangover and your bum feels like its a cement mixer for readymix.....:o

If Ive missed anything, lads let me know.....
;)

ZokesPro
12th September 2002, 15:35
Sounds like fun! :)

Too bad in Canada.

KvHagedorn
15th September 2002, 16:29
The myth of British masochism is upheld. :D

DentyCracker
15th September 2002, 19:45
Keep me posted, I'm due some time off work soon

DentyCracker
15th September 2002, 19:49
Only one proviso. As long as I don't have to take a train on a Sunday, or travel by rail between London and Milton Keynes on a weekend. Had to do that last weekend, with my computer and won't do it again.

mdhome
16th September 2002, 05:26
I'm positioned between Brum and London so I am reasonably happy to visit either, though I suspect that the curry houses in the Midlands are better value for money.

Anyone have any ideas on suitable dates? My best time is probably when I get paid early October onwards because my girlfriend has *booked* much of the intervening time :(

Regards MD

ps writing about this is giving me Nan bread and Madras withdraw symptoms.

pps, Denty, those trains are a pain

GNEP
16th September 2002, 05:30
The trains get worse and worse... especially at weekends.

I can't do the first half of October (have also been "booked"!).

gnep