Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need "Reef demo@

Where i can download REEF DEMO?

You can't....it comes on the CD included with the card...
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I don't have card.... ))))))))))))

Comment

How do you expect it to run without the card it was designed to work with?
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Reef demo work with GeForce4?

Comment

It was designed to work with Parhelia specific hardware and coded specifically to run just that as a means to show off what Parhelia's tech can do. It is not a generic Demo designed to work with other manufactures products.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Comment

Let me ask you this, how could you show off what P can specifically do on another manufactures product when it doesn't have the neccessary hardware?

You can't... well unless you wanted to try pulling it off in software mode (emulation) and I think we all know that would be way slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Comment

Yeah, but perhaps the Radeon 9700 could indeed run the Reef Demo...
                  Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

well, I have heard that it can actually "run" on a geforce4ti, that is, it doesn´t require a parhelia to start up.

the geforce4ti doesn´t render it correctly(off course) because of missing features, but this indicates that the reef demo uses standard directx calls, and most importantly doesn´t check the cards feature-set or brand/type before starting up.

in theory, any card with the same dx-features as parhelia should run it, such as the radeon9700.
                    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

get me url and i test it.

Comment

sorry, about my english

Comment

Can't do, unless you buy the card and or have permission from Matrox to distribute that would be impossible.

Comment

well, i don´t know any place where you can download it. it isn´t available in their demo section:

i suggest you ask over here: webmaster@matrox.com, maybe they can explain why it isn´t in their demo-section.

the guy who got it running on his gf4ti was a hardware reviewer, who forgot to uninstall the reef demo when he switched back to his gf4ti.

Last edited by TdB; 12 September 2002, 07:40.
                            This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Ant had stated that the demo was only made available to reviewers (and apparently a select few others) and Matrox didn't intend on making it generally available.
                              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                              X