This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Central Command moving.....

from its Florida headquarters to a huge new base in Quatar.

Tick....tick....tick....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I've read about it in the news this morning (GMT -2) but it means nothing to me. I guess you understand something I didn't.
    Would you care to elaborate ?

Comment

Translation: When Central Command moves, so does the military. And it's normally not to hand out food.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yup....

Central Command is a unified command and control structure for the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Special Forces. When it moves into a region the s**t is about to hit the fan.

Another significant event is that a certain relative has suddenly evaporated, again. When that person disappears things are on a short fuse.

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 September 2002, 08:41.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Cool! The Doc has a spook in the family!

Kevin

Comment

where? to matrox hq?
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

How can I put this...hmmmm.....

It's a person who "disappears" from their home, usually after a late night phone call or visit by some MP's, and who only returns after some nation or group has had its a** re-arranged in a major way.

Normally this person leaves the salt shakers on the kitchen table in a pre-arranged pattern, the purpose of which is to inform their spouse; "see you when it's over....".

When this person comes back it's "don't ask..." as far as the details of what happened, but by then everyone in the family pretty mucn knows where it happened.

Dr. Mordrid
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 September 2002, 10:21.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

U.S. Moving Central Command Units to Qatar

Figured someone might like the news link.

Personally, I think this is a good thing. It should have been done years ago, but Clinton seemed to have a pretty half ass response toward Iraq.
                <a href="http://www.unspacy.com/ryu/systems.htm">Ryu's PCs</a>

Comment

Clinton & Co. had a pretty half-assed response to everything

IMHO we should have gone to war with terrorism, Iraq et. al. after the first WTC bombing.....

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

...maybe, but aftersight is always 20/20, so maybe I'd better say nothing...
                    How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                    Who cares?

Comment

Doc (et al) the same should be said about the GB the First/American public. Before they wrapped up Desert Storm they should have nipped this in the bud but there wasn't backing to support such action. To simply think that this was BC's fault is flat out stupid. I would expect better of you at least.
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

They didn't Whack Saddam back then because of the possibilty of even more radical factions taking control of Iraq.

GB kept Saddam in check but who could have any respect for Clinton????

So, Saddam and other radical gruops took advantage of Clinton's double term in office. Clinton cut budgets for anti-terrorist research and other programs that should have been in place long before 9/11/01.

Clinton was more concerned about what was happening under his desk than in the Middle East.

Paul
                        Last edited by ALBPM; 11 September 2002, 13:06.
                        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Now that I agree with as being the untold official reason they hadn't.
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

GB the 1st was doing what many of todays PC idiots propose: he listened to the U.N.

Talk about a useless bunch of parasites...the U.N. is it. Without our $$ they'd be holding their meetings in a barn.....

Dr. Mordrid
                            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 September 2002, 13:32.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

You're right Doc. If it wasn't for the US there wouldn't even be a UN. Asking for their support is a matter of courtsey that's all. Just look at what Iraq is trying to do itself with trying to use money that is being sent to them for the people, most of it US money, to pay their dues.

Joel
                              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
                              X