Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Help

Hey fellas,

Well, I got my Parhelia today, and I'm really pleased with it in many respects...

However, I've got a major problem going on over here. I _think_ my 19 FPS in Quake3 @ 10x7 without any IQ features (FAA/A.F.) is a tad on the low side, don't ya think?

I'm running a P4 @ 2.7 GHz., and I just started a new WinXP partition. I haven't even updated to Service Pack 1 yet, but this is the same performance that led me to format the OS. In other words, I was seeing this performance before, and I decided to do a clean format to see if that would fix the problem.

I've got an Epox 4g4a+ motherboard, and I'm using ACPI if that helps out. One thing that I cannot figure out is how to get the stupid motherboard to reserve an IRQ for VGA (or similar). I'm sorta' leaning on this being the problem, as I see that the Parhelia and a USB controller are sharing an IRQ...

Any thoughts? BTW, I've used 3 different drivers, and all yield the same result (or close).

I know that there is a setting Return to castle wolfenstein , enable NVfog.
    I had first also 20 fps , when I disabled it I got 60-70. I never could put it back on though
    Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

maybe some joker put /com_maxfps "20" in your config.cfg
      try to delete your config-file.
      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

OK guys...

This is what I uncovered...At the time of this post, I was running my setup using 2 TFT displays, each connected directly to the DVI outputs on the board.

As soon as I then configured this baby in Surround Gaming mode (using the splitter cable), everything worked!

I haven't tried going back, but this definitely corrected the problem.

In thinking about it, is it possible (though it makes no sense) that when I was running 2 TFT's @ 1600x1200 each (for a combined 3200x1200) that somehow, the driver was confused and was actually running the game @ 3200x1200? I never saw any rendering on the 2nd display...But it sorta seems that there might be something to it...?

I also experienced the issue where you have to keep pushing the power on/off button on the tower when rebooting...It would never hop to the Raid BIOS section (at least, 9/10 times) unless I did this reset action. I updated my motherboard BIOS (Epox 4g4a+) last night, and the problem has since dissapeared.

Comment

Glad to hear you have it fixed .
          My "Baby": Shuttle SS51G, P4@2.26 Ghz 533 FSB, 80 GB Western Digital Caviar "Special Edition" Hard Drive 7,200 RPM w/8 MB Cache, 512 MB Corsair PC2700 with Heat Spreaders, Pioneer DVD Drive (w/sexy slot load ), and of course a Matrox Parhelia Retail Vid Card

Comment

Working...
          X