Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom´s loosing it... so bad it´s hard to believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom´s loosing it... so bad it´s hard to believe.

CPU reviews, news and features, created for the hardcore PC enthusiast by the experts at Tom's Hardware.

Presumebly due to his "privileged" relationship with Intel, here´s some pure FUD over the new released athlons and upcoming hammer.

Pick a P4 3600 Mhz prototype and bench it, comparing with overclocked athlons. How smart.

Of course, it´ll only be available a whole year from now.

That´s so much Intel propaganda that´s hard to believe, even coming from Tomshardware.

He's biased.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

As if we didn't know that earlier....he's just making it more obvious now...
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

What ever happened to Tom?

He used to root for the underdog way back then.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

dunno...

I still haven't decided wether he is paid/influenced by 'sponsors' easily, or wether he's an idiot that really believes in all the crap he tells on his website

Comment

...isn't it easy to root for the underdog when you are one, but feel like you need a new car the first time you get invited to pal around at the country club?
            Last edited by mutz; 9 September 2002, 17:02.
            How can you possibly take anything seriously?
            Who cares?

Comment

I miss the articles Tom actually wrote.

Comment

well i don't think the article is biased. the guy who reviewed the thing is just excited about the speed (and probably also about the exlusiveness of this benchmark), wouldn't you? he even clearly says:

At the same time, though, it should be noted that applications are strongly adjusted to the code extensions SSE and SSE2, which make the Pentium 4 in particular look better. The current AMD Athlon XP is unable to take advantage of the SSE2 optimizations for applications. This feature will be offered only by the Athlon successor "Claw Hammer."

really i think toms articles were always very good. he was the first who kinda started a crusade against the mobo manufacturers when the original athlon was introduced and almost no company made boards based on the AMD751 chipset and he accused intel many times to threaten the mobo manufactures. not to forget how much he praised the athlon. he was also the first to discover how to overclock the original athlons etc.
                no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

he was also the first to discover how to overclock the original athlons etc.
                  Whoa hold it right there guy, Tom was NOT the first to discover howto OC Athlons! The circuit he showed the schematic of was given to him by AMD. Even at that there were flaws, incorrect part values etc. There were many that came up with what the resistors did what months before Tom came out with that article. Shoot even I (whom by the way invented the first GFD for OCing Athlons) was producing such months before anything of the such appeared on THG.
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

You da man Greebe....

I'm in one of those moods, I just had to say that...
                    ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Athlon OC

LOL ... I knew it wouldn't take Greebe long to jump all over that. Nine minutes ... not bad.
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Yeah, he must have been distracted by something.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

well ok then he was the first who had a full o/c guide online, mea culpa no need to jump up and down.
                          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

No he did not even have that. There was no mention of howto change the cache latency. Actually if I'm not mistaken mine was the only one that included it.
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

How about H-Oda's cache latency program???
                              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X