Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein & FAA-16 artifacts !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return to Castle Wolfenstein & FAA-16 artifacts !

Well just wondering if this is normal?

First I had crappy performance , but that was because ext. open GL was disabled and that NV fog thing was enabled.
    But now I play it at 1024x768x32 around 60 fps
    everthing is set to maximum, not too bad I think.

it's a bit dark though
    Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

we need gamma controls!!!!
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

We have gamma controls.
      Parhelia comes packaged with Coloreal, which has worked fine for me in controlling the gamma in games.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks, I'll have to try it out...

Comment

ah , doh

Could anyone try RTCW with FAA-16 and check for errors
          Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

I can never get my middle. most ancient, monitor as bright as id like. The side new ones are perfect tho.

Comment

What kind of errors are you getting?
              There is a known issue when using 16xFAA with fog, that will produce wireframe lines.
              I don't have that game myself, so I can't be sure what you're talking about.
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Matrox said that all Q3-based games with fog will produce lines with 16x FAA enabled...

Comment

Have any of you guys tried normal 4x supersampling with the Q3 based games? Does it work? Are they playable in at least 1024 like that?
                  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

I will try it today.
                    Anyone know btw how to take a screenshot ?

Comment

how to take screenshots in RTCW

CaineTanathos

you can bind any key you want to take screenshots e.g.

bind F11 screenshot (tga screenshots)
                      bind F12 screenshotJPEG (jpeg screenshots)

When you now press F11 or F12 ingame a screenshot will be save into "RTCW\ Main\screenshots\" folder.

P.S. check your PM.
                      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

This is without FAA-16 .

I didn't have this error when 4xaa was enabled
                        Last edited by CaineTanathos; 9 September 2002, 04:14.

Comment

Working...
                        X