Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPS destroyed my Parhelia (and it outperforms a GF 4 for me!?!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS destroyed my Parhelia (and it outperforms a GF 4 for me!?!)

First off, hello from Chicago for those who knew I was moving.

Anyway, I shipped my computer from L.A. to Chicago and UPS destroyed my Parhelia and my CDRW. Thankfully the rest of it works ok. I took my comp out of the box and my cpu was hanging off and my cdr was hanging out of the case and my cpu had taken the hs off of my northbridge. Anyway, I plugged it in and nothing worked - big dos screen corruption when it booted. On the right side of the board are some black covered things - I don't know the name - and one of them is severely cracked. *&#% UPS!

Anyway, I put in a GF4 4600 to try the comp and the fps numbers are higher in Q3A demo that I have, but it is more choppy than the Parhelia - at 1600x1200x32. Same with Morrowind. JK2 is way smoother on the GF4 though I have to admit. Very strange to me.

Can someone possibly explain this to me please?

BTW, I guess this is gaming?

Thsnk,

-Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."
Working...
X