best pentium 4 ddr motherboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best pentium 4 ddr motherboard?

which would be the best pentium 4 ddr motherboard to get, i need onboard raid(even though i kniow the drawbacks) and will be looking for overclocking potential using a 2.4a and pc2700 memory so which one is best, which chipset should i go for intel or sis?many thanks
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

You really ain't gonna get much with 2.4a mate, even it is a 400Mhz one.
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

I would suggest an ASUS P4B533-E. It doesn't support DDR333 but everything else seems to be more than satisfactory.
      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Go for the Epox 4SDA5...
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Get the P4B533-V or you will be wasting the PC2700.
          You want the 845G chipset not the 845E. The 845E doesn't have the memory dividers to OC or even utilize the PC2700 without using a hacked Bios.

Paul
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

errr ALBPM , I have an Abit BD7II (this is one has an 845E chipset). It has an 3:4 divider.

I have an P4 1.8 running at 2474 (18x137.5)
            And memory is running at 183.33 (thats 366.66) which is a bit higher than the normal PC2700 memory
            Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

Stay away from ABIT though and try to get your hands on a SIS 648 board. That's what I would do.

Comment

CaineTanathos, you do have a point...my P4B533 also has a 3:4 divider, so i guess that with a FSB533 CPU it would run at DDR333 speeds.
                All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

3:4? Check your math folks, you want 4:5 to get 133:166
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yes I was going to point that out after reading the posts again...

Comment

Thanks Wombat!!!

Another thread Re-Centered!!!
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

What do you guys think of the ASUS P4S533 board?
                        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                          3:4? Check your math folks, you want 4:5 to get 133:166
                          Even better is 2:3 which lets you do 133:200 ala Epox 4SDA5 with the SIS648 chipset.....
                          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

That's not a motherboard...

Now THIS is a motherboard:

Supermicro P4QH6 Quad Xeon motherboard, (4) 2.4Ghz P4 Xeon processors, Antec Plus 1080B w/550W PS, Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server supporting 4 procs, (16) 512MB ECC DDR2100 Samsung memory modules, Media 10/320 320GB disk rated at 200+MBps, Matrox G550 32MB Dualhead Videocard, (2) NEC 22" 1600x1200 LCD monitors

Quantity over quality wins almost every time!

I know, it's not what either of us are looking for, but I just had to throw it in.

Wormie
                            Last edited by Tapeworm; 11 September 2002, 11:48.

Comment

chers guys im loklin at all the options, ats wrong with 2.4a(24x multiplier for o/c ing sure ly its good for 3gig+)
                              is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                              Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Working...
                              X