Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMPGEnc 2.58 posted Sept. 3, '02

Version : 2.58. 2002/09/03

"ES (Video+Audio)" has been added to stream type in the main window. This mode outputs separate video / audio stream.

YES!!!!

"System (Audio only)" has been deleted from the list of stream type in the main window. This feature can be done with "simple de-mulitplex" under MPEG Tools.

Video and Audio stream can be outputted separately if user select DVD template at Project Wizard.

Now TMPGEnc has priority of MPEG-2 decoders at VFAPI plug-in priority setting. The priority is fixed and can not be changed by user as follows: 1:Sony 2:Ligos 3:CyberLink

Bugfix: "Prefetch Video" error occurred if Prefetch Video was enabled at Multi-thread setting

At 1st pass of 2 pass VBR, the character "analyzing" is not clickable anymore(since it does not mean anything).

Bugfix: At MPEG Tools, Merge&Cut, TMPGEnc did not treat MPEG-2 files whose colour_description is "0". (FYI, any version of TMPGEnc produces MPEG-2 file whose colour_description is "1".)

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Does this version work with Avisynth? Avisynth support was somehow broken in 2.56, so I went back to 2.53...
    Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

That seperate stream capability is a great feature. Now my DVD writing program doesn't have to reencode the entire clip in order to get 224kbps audio. TMPGEnc Plus is saving us lots of time and making itself even more compatible with this feature.

As for TMPGEnc Plus, itself: I just burned a 1hr 25 min VBR using some of the default bitrates and the DVD is very nice. I would have to say a bit better than similar encode with MC, however, it's very close. Get far enough away from the TV and the difference is negligible. One thing I should note is that I had the Motion Estimation set for speed. Had I gone for quality, I think the result would have really left MC behind.

TMPGEnc is the encoder the big boys better keep an eye on. It's a great package.

Comment

I didn't have any problem with frameserving any version of TMPGEnc, but then I don't use AVISynth with Premiere anymore. VideoServer works better. Things will get even more interesting once they finish the Ulead version

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X