Audio/Video Codecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio/Video Codecs

Just found this on the net, as yet to install it. but might be useful to stop WMP etc calling home all the time.

It seems to be a full pack of all(most) audio & video codecs

Sorry if I missed this being posted before

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Actually the link is from kazaa-lite, it has the vog orbis(sp?) codecs, divx codecs etc for encode and decode. Its a nice little one stop d/l of all the common codecs if your doing a fresh re-install as well.

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

yeah I've been using nimo for awhile
      Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I just recently switched to the Defiler Pak.

Uses ffdshow instead of any of the DivX and Xvid codecs, and has the main sound codecs covered. WMA2(Divx audio), AC3, MP3, and Ogg.

Nimo can cause problems for some people (me for one in the past).

Comment

Yeah, Nimo has some... eccentricities that he refuses to address release after release. I usually only hit his installer up for the REALLY obscure stuff, choosing to let the major installers do their thing for the major codecs.

Thanks for the link to deflier, Rob. I'll check it out.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

You probably all know of this site, but if you want codecs/utils, www.doom9.org is a good place to get em. No codec packs, but they have most everything individually.

Bart
            Bart

Comment

Now see what an interesting thread this has turned into.

Anyone else with good links for codecs etc, 'cause I always have hell getting those hard to find codecs. I'll put this up in the FAQ files in a bit too

Dan
              Juu nin to iro

Comment

Cheers Dan (et al.)

Very useful

T.
                FT.

Comment

Working...
                X