Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was wondering what systems are everyone using for Distributed Folding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was wondering what systems are everyone using for Distributed Folding?

Myself:
    (1) Clone, Athlon 600, 98SE, 256MB PC100, Screensaver
    (1) Emachine, Celeron 1.2ghz, 2k Server, 256MB, text client as a service.
    (1) Emachine, Celeron 1.3ghz, 2k Professional, 128MB, text client as a service.
    (2) Compaq, Celeron 1.0ghz, 2k Professional, 128MB, text client as a service.
    (6) Gateway, Celeron 1.2ghz, 2k professional, 128MB text client as a service.

The machines

List of currently producing machines:
    OS, CPU, Memory, Duty cycle

Linux, Duron 750, 256M DDR, 24/7
    Win2K, P3 800, 384M SDR, 24/7
    WinXP, Duron 900, 256M SDR, few hours per day
    WinXP, Cel566, 256M SDR, few hours per day
    HP-UX, PA-RISC 8500 400MHz, 512M, mostly 24/7
    HP-UX, PA-RISC 8500 400MHz, 512M, mostly 24/7
    Solaris, UltraSparc IIi 440MHz, 1G, mostly 24/7
    Solaris, UltraSparc IIi 360MHz, 256M, mostly 24/7

When the temperature drops the Duron's will have their TBird replacement CPU's installed. - and the Linux box will be upgraded to a dual rig (760MPX) in the next few weeks.

Regards,
    lurqa

Comment

I'm down to a p3-450 win98 a athlon 1400 and a k6-2, I no longer have access to 40+ machines as I did in my seti producing days.

Breezer
      Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

I wish I could use the thirty machines in the lab at the school I'm interning at. Unless there are electrical prolems (new building), they leave them on 24/7. About 25ghz of untapped power running 24/7. I estimated my production would go up nearly 700%.

Comment

Main machine- Soyo 333 Dragon Ultra Platinum, 2200XP@ 150 fsb, 1 gig Mushkin High perf. 2100 222, WinXP, Cheetah 15K & Atlas 10k2 on Adaptec 29160
          Wifes- Asus A7m266, 1700 XP, WinME
          My Work Comp- Abit KR7A 133, 2100XP@ 145fsb, 784 MB Crucial, WinXP, IBM Ultrastar on Adaptec 19160
          Work Comps running GH (when I can keep it running)-
          1 Abit KG7 Raid, 1200 Duron, Win2k
          2 Dell Optiplex, 1200 Celery's, Win2k
          1 850 P3, Win98 SE
          1 550 P3, Win98

Seti Only Machines:
          1- Asus A7V333, 1900 XP, Suse 8.0
          1- MSI KT3Ultra, 1700 XP, Win2k
          1- Shuttle AK31 V.3.1, 1400 Athlon, WinME
          1- Asus A7M266, 1400 Athlon, Mandrake 8.2

Have a hard time keeping the Work comps from having the client shutdown so I have started installing as a service on all Win2k machines the last few days, didn't get any restarted before I left Friday so hopefully a big production gain will be seen. I'm gonna add our dual 1 gig P3 server this week too whenever my older sibling isn't there to see, he's not to understanding of DC projects and I don't have much to argue in my favor unfortunately.

Comment

Added dual 1 gig serverX2copies and 2- 1200 celey workstations last night running as a service.

Comment

Need to update the list again!

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

High_Jumbllama to double your production upgrade the memory in your computers!
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

All but the 600 are not mine and I can't justify the cost to the person who does own them for any business related reason. My Athlon 600 does have the use extra ram option turned on though.

He doesn't care about the client running because it doesn't affect work. Gotta love running the text client as a service.

Comment

1) Dual 1800+ AMD running DF and G@H
                    2) 1900+ AMD running DF

That's it for DF, but there is an 'older' p!!! also running G@H.

Stoped S@H after reaching 10K

Maybe I can get another box running DF, but all these things keep getting in the way: work, wife, daughter, new house, school, etc. Guess that's why I'm trying to 'oficialy' get into computers, at least I could touch them sometimes then .
                    Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                    --------------------------------------------------
                    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                    and burped out a movie

Comment

Add another 2200XP to my list after tonight
                      Production will be down till about Monday until I can get the fleet reorganized. Swapping around procs upgrading some PSU's and upgrading memory and a motherboard. My whole home fleet will be all XP machines then with KT266 or 333 MoBo's. Took Guru's suggestion and doubled the ram on machines with only 128 mb.

Might want to start converting a few more machines to DF Guru

Comment

Because I plan on being #1 again however many machines I have to build

????-somehow this reply posted before Guru's?

Comment

Originally posted by rocketmanx
                          Might want to start converting a few more machines to DF Guru
                          Why?

Comment

Nix the A7V333
                            I fried it!!! The first board I've ever "accidentally" zapped.
                            It was my favorite baord too

Comment

Updated the list again!

EDIT: Comp 1 case pics can be found over here: http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36828
                              Last edited by Guru; 13 October 2002, 10:04.

Comment

Working...
                              X