Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the frell? Farscape is gonna be canceled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the frell? Farscape is gonna be canceled?

Saw this on /.

Farscape chat log

Ultimate Farscape Board has contact info

Online petition...
    The original petitions site, with millions of members and thousands of successful petitions. Create a free petition and tap into powerful tools to have real impact. Non-partisan and simply the best online activism tools.

Addresses...
    Sci-Fi Channel:
    Bonnie Hammer, Senior Vice President of Programming
    c/o Sci-Fi Channel
    1230 Avenue of the Americas, F115
    New York, NY 10020-1513

212-413-5000 to call their phones.

online telagrams

USA NetworksFax Line # -- 212-413-6524

The Sci-fi FAX number is 1-212-413-6531
    You can send a free fax over the internet at:

Copy and paste the fax number.

Another "free fax over the internet" service can be found at:

Copy and paste the fax number.

SCI-FI CHANNEL: If you have suggestions or comments for the Programming Department about the SCI-FI Channel or any

of its shows, please contact: program@www.scifi.com

SCIFI.COM GENERAL: If you have general comments or questions about SCIFI.COM send a note to: feedback@www.scifi.com

Call Bonnies voice mail and do the following:

Call 212-413-5000, press 1, type in HAMMER or (426637) and leave a message just like you would if you were writing a

letter to scifi

as a writing hint~

If you watch another show on sci-fi--mention it. It shows you're interested in the network, not just one show

Keep it short, sweet and professional
    Point out that Farscape has been a consistent ratings winner
    Remind them of the Saturn Awards
    If you provide them with your age, gender, race and occupation your letter gets a higher "hit value" than one

without this info.
    Last edited by DosFreak; 7 September 2002, 18:44.
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    \RUN\DOS\RUN

Sorry, but the little bits of farscape I watched didn't even come close to TNG or even DS9... hell, even voyager is better (at least technically).

Is it just me, or are newer SciFi series a little under-budgetted (if that's a word)? I mean, I don't like farscape very much, and neither Stargate, but both seem like... everything's made of plastic (yes I know, it really is, but it wasn't that visible since ST classic). I didn't like the animations in Space 2063, much less in Babylon 5 (it just looked too "clean"). I don't like it when people start using computer animations when either the technology, their budget, or the artists can't do it as good as it could be done with models. Just look at that fat, four-armed guy from the bar in episode II - didn't look real at all. Those cloners, on the other hand, I found magnificient - although they looked more like hi-tech robots than living beings.

Sorry, I'm ranting - don't wanna lead this thread off topic

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Well I watched some episodes of FS, as well as the other series I commented on. Maybe I just don't like the style they're done - but there's something these series don't have.

Don't know how many seasons farscape had and if the later episodes are better than the ones I've seen here (most likely some older ones, as we get everything a bit later here), but what I saw didn't impress me. Was good for a little relaxing, but nothing I'd become a fan of.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

It's rather nice, average or a bit above average, no Trek, don't think they even planed to compete with it.
        All these new SciFi series feel like Xena, Hercules... in the future.

Comment

Farscapes crap
          Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

I've seen Farscape a few times. I thought it was okay, if nothing special. Sort of like a comic book quality storyline being put on the big screen.
            I was a fan of Space:Above and Beyond, which I thought was a really good show, but it was cancelled before the end of the first series so they had to kludge together an ending that really wasnt very good.
            Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I think Farscape is OK.

I just think that its being made in a bad time. I mean, there's all sorts of Sci-Fi'ish stuff coming out left, right and centre. Some with a real big background, i.e. Enterprise, Smallville. With that background alone, Farscape's gonna get pushed aside eventually. Since it is, effectively, the new kid on the box.

But it does have one thing that of late, only Smallville has been able to coble together, continuity in its story's. None of that, "No, the Original Series of Star Trek's Klingons were SUPPOSED to look like the ones on TNG", or "USS Raven, first ship of Federation to meet up against Borg Cube in Voyager, instead of USS Enterprise D in TNG" just because the writers couldn't write a better story.

Watching Farscape in patches isn't going to show this, but it does have continuity and it flows well. You won't be wondering what the heck the writers were taking when they wrote the episode, like in SOME current Sci-Fi shows.

J1NG

Comment

What the hell is SciFi going to do w/ Friday Night now? They've cancelled just about everything. The only show with new episodes now is StarGate-SG1, I believe.

Comment

Working...
                X