Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DivX codec sound problems: What is going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DivX codec sound problems: What is going on?

Recently I have lost playback functionality of AVI-files encded with the DivX audio codec (not the MP3-codec). Encoding is works like a charm, however playback through say Media Player 6.4 dosn't function properly. The player complains that it cant find the codec and then plays the file without sound.

Needless to say that these clips plays fine on any other PC I've tried them on.

Loading the file into VirtualDub (1.3d) results in a different behaviour. Pressing the preview button (playing the clip in one window only) results in a message which states that the Audio Compression Manager failed to return info regarding which codec to use for sound.

Pressing the other play button (playing the clip in both windows) results in correct playback with sound and everything!

Very wierd. I've tried to reinstall the codecs. Unregistering them and Reregistering them. A total no-go.

Does anybody know how to fix this little issue?

Ghydda

------------------
    2+2=5 - but only for extremly large values of 2.

As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
    My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
    |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|
Working...
X