ide raid controller cards in uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ide raid controller cards in uk

anybody know where i can get a cheap ide raid 0 controller card from in the uk i juast want it to do raid 0 across 2 drives nothing more, thanks
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

You can get a cheap one from EBuyer, or your local Maplins Electronics. Neither of them use the Highpoint 370 chip, which is about as much as I know about them.
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

if i already have a 40gig and can get a 60 gig fron the same manufacturer and range then can i put these into raid 0 i dont mind if they only are seen as a single 80 gig(ie lose 20 gig)?
      is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
      Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Originally posted by borat
        if i already have a 40gig and can get a 60 gig fron the same manufacturer and range then can i put these into raid 0 i dont mind if they only are seen as a single 80 gig(ie lose 20 gig)?
        Pretty sure you can do this. Though 20 GB is quite a bit of space lost.

J1NG

Comment

You definitely lose the 20 gig. If the drives are really mismatched on performance or specs you might get slower performance and the occassional glitch.
          How can you possibly take anything seriously?
          Who cares?

Comment

You can do it. You'll probably have to set up the drives yourself so that they have equally sized partitions.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
            X