G450 DVI-cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 DVI-cable?

Tried to post this to Matrox's official site, but it was closed for the weekend. Lets try here first.

Just got a new G450. It was pretty cheap, and now I know why. It has only one DVI-connector, nothing else. It should be dual head though. I didn't get any adapter cable with it, only some driver CD, provided by Fujitsu-Siemens Computers. This card is an OEM card, shipped with some FSC-PCs.

So, where can I get one of these cables? I asked it from the vendor who sold it, and they said that they are investigating it. Are there many different cables available, since my intetion is to connect a monitor and a TV to it. I saw some nice pin-outs on matrox's site, where it is possible to connect VGA-picture to RGB-input. Therefore I need a DVI-cable that has two VGA-connectors. If there is no cables available, a pin-out would great too!

I have 16:9 tv-set. Are there any limitations about the resolution? Since the optimal resolution for 16:9 would be 1024x576, I guess. Can I just use that with Matrox's tool, or do I have to use eg. Powerstrip or other 3rd party software? Does the VGA-RGB conversion have any impact on this?

Do You think that the card is usable, or did I just made a monkeyass-purchase?
    Choose wanking, choose life.

What's the part# on the sticker on the card?
    (should start G45+/.....)
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Perhaps it is a G550 dual DVI...
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

That is my thought too...thats why I asked for a part#
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Ok, let's see..

The sticker on on the board states: "G45FMLDVA32DB".

Little research done here, and I found this from the Matrox's site:

G45FMLDVA32DB - The Millennium G450 DVI is a Low Profile graphics card ships with a separate ATX bracket for easy installation in either configuration. The Millennium G450 DVI natively supports single-DVI output to a digital or analog flat-panel, and ships with a dual-RGB cable for DualHeadĀ® output to two analog monitors.

That's my card, since it is very small. But it wasn't shipped with cables for me. Are there similar cables available for 550? Wonder if they work..

Happy hangover for You too..

Comment

Hmm.
            First time I've seen that one.
            I think your best bet will be to contact Matrox sales, and ask them, as they don't list a separate cable for that card at shopmatrox.com...

Comment

Is that one of the cards with the funky dvi connector? Its not the normal one, but has 3 rows of densly compacted pins, with a breakout cable that has 2 normal connectors on the other end.

Comment

Originally posted by rylan
                Is that one of the cards with the funky dvi connector? Its not the normal one, but has 3 rows of densly compacted pins, with a breakout cable that has 2 normal connectors on the other end.
                Yep, thats the card. But like mentioned earlier, the cable is missing. Got a spare one?

Comment

Working...
                X