X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 9700 Pro 3Dmark2k1 SE 330

Thought some of you would like to see.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

My Parhelia is faster in Game1 and Game3 under high detail...
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

can you publish some scores with 6x anti aliasing on, forget aniso as parhelia cant do it properly yet so there is little point comparing it ill run through with faa on as a comparison with my bulk parhelia though i only have 256meg ram in at the mo so it will be stunted
      is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
      Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
        My Parhelia is faster in Game1 and Game3 under high detail...

No wonder, look at the used CPU (and the FSB, no FSB oc'ing was done with this benchmark): these tests are highly CPU/ mem-bandwidth dependent.

I'm sure you have a faster CPU than the one used for this project to be able to get higher scores.
        BTW, I'm getting higher scores in Game1+3 high detail as well and nearly the same speed in game1+3 low detail with my Radeon8500 - but then my CPU is a bit higher clocked and has higher mem-bandwidth due to the higher FSB.

The thing is that if you increase the resolution your (and my) score will drop considerably while the R9700 will stay up there with the fps because it's simply the CPU that's the limiting factor here. And ATI was never as virtuous to squeeze the last bit of performance out of the CPU as NVidia is. ATI cards should thus be combined with the fastest possible CPU.
        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

P.S.: Helevitia, is this a Built-by-ATI? How much did it cost, and where did you get it?

P.P.S.: I'd really like to see a result with 4x FSAA and full anisotropic filtering as this is what I want to use. Also a Quake3 number with 4x FSAA and full aniso would be nice - especially since your system is reasonable similar to mine. And please be sure to use the latest drivers as they fix some of the performance problems that the early/release ones had.
          My System
          German ATI-forum

Comment

Hi guys, I jsut got back from a 2 day out of town thingie. I'll post some screens,etc... in a few(hours, days, not sure yet )

Dave
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

If you want to see what the card really is capable of look at the results when the CPU-limit is gone (P4@3.1GHz):
              My System
              German ATI-forum

Comment

Actually, it gets better than that. Here is the latest top score. 3.6G

Comment

6xFSAA no AF:

Comment

That 3.6GHz score is either fishy or they OC'ed the R9700 to around 430MHz core. How can you get 3400Mtexels fill rate in other ways than that???

Comment

Wow, that looks good. With 6x FSAA the card is nearly as fast as a Radeon8500 without FSAA.

However since there is quite a bit of a difference in framerates between 4x FSAA and 6x FSAA but not in quality, I'd really like to see a 4x FSAA, full anisotropic benchmark. And if you have too much time on your hands, do it in 1600x1200 as well.

P.S.: Again, is this a Built-by-ATI? And where did you get it from? Are those cards readily available in the US by now?
                      My System
                      German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                        6xFSAA no AF:

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4429835
                        In this benchie the Radeon is about as fast as my Parhelia with default settings (no FAA, no AF), it is just a bit faster
                        Specs:
                        MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

I need to clear up some things. The 6xFSAA score above is actually 6xFSAA with 16xAF. Here is just with 4xFSAA:

P.S.: Again, is this a Built-by-ATI? And where did you get it from? Are those cards readily available in the US by now?
                          I got the card from a gentelemen that came to the rage3d forums and sold us his shipment. He is starting a hardware sight soon www.hardwareheaven.net. He sold 40 of them.
                          All current retail, OEM, and third party 9700 Pro's are all built by ATI. I got the PowerColor box but the card is BBA. None of them are up to production yet for a few more weeks so doesn't matter who you get the card from. This was straight from ATI. When I got the card, it is identical to BBA, design, fan, clock speeds, etc... I wouldn't have purchased it if it was really a power color card. BTW, a quick overclock yielded 350/325 and that was jsut to see if it woudl work. I am positive it will go higher. I am guessing atleast 360/340 minimum based on others I have seen. I will post more benchies soon. I will post some screenshots too. OH! Forgot to mention, just for the hell of it, I decided to benchmark the card with quake3 @ 2048x1536 with everything maxed with 16xAF and 6xFSAA on and i got 59.6fps LOL! This card is very powerful.

Dave

Comment

Reminds me of the situation when the R8500 started shipping.
                            I have a XELO R8500 card that is in fact a Built-by-ATI, it came with the original ATI BIOS and the original driver CD. Later on XELO got it's own production running and those cards seem to be inferior to the one I luckily got, e.g. having 4ns RAM instead of the 3.6ns found on ATIs cards,...
                            My System
                            German ATI-forum

Comment

OK, I stand corrected again The 6xFSAA score above is exactly that Pretty big performance hit but more than enough for any game now. Here is another score with 4xFSAA and 16xAF:

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X