Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitboys AXE

Hi!

There are the first (and last! - eDRAM production has been stopped by Infineon) images of the produced prototype graphic board AXE from Bitboys available.

The chip/or the chip case (to be more correct) looks like the Parhelia.

cu/2 magog - Germany - flying with OS/2 Warp speed...in a vehicle named eComStation (eCS)
    ---
    Author of the Java Movie Database - http://www.jmdb.de
    JMDB v1.35 FINAL is available (2007-09-20)
    Homepage: http://www.juergen-ulbts.de/

Interesting!

Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Yeah, but they also said it wouldn't go to market....
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

no heatsink.... removed for promo or what?

Also no wording on the ram chips.....
        This is a mock up.....

Sorry drunk boy.....
        RedRed
        Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Still, it's interesting.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Look at the part number of the graphics chip ... HYP....
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

.....and the name....axe....as in cut (axed)....
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RedRed
                no heatsink.... removed for promo or what?

Also no wording on the ram chips.....
                This is a mock up.....

Sorry drunk boy.....
                RedRed
                you are mockup.

and no, I won't ellaborate more what that is, when it would have been launched if it would have been launched and what it's production name would most likely have been. (if you want to know these , you can use search to find out.)

Boys had another project codenamed "Hammer" but now it's scrapped too, because they decided put all the efforts on selling their SVG chip/core that they demonstrated as on the FPGA platform at the Assembly. (yes they really had their own Hardware running there, but who cares, it has to be some sort of illusion because talking about Bitboys )
                (mdhome, if you read this, maybe you get the idea from this thread why I am just lurking nowadays...)

and what comes to those "mockups", I have held one of those chips on my own hand and seen IRL two generations of Axe "mockup" dev boards. And I can say that it was damn real.
                "Dippadai"

Comment

They may have real prototypes but their business isn't real. We, as potential customers, should only care when they ship and support real products.
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Xortam, did you read the 2nd chapter on my post?
                    if yes, are you sure you understood it?
                    if that is also yes, why on earth you are posting this? Does it really offer anything new? Or what is it's purpose?

I really don't get these guys. why on earth to make a number about something, if you already think it's nothing?

I am so lazy that I don't bother even reply those threads that means nothing to me...
                    "Dippadai"

Comment

and yes, I am a bit cranky, because I heard today that one of my old friends have jumped from the roof of building so high that it became his last flight....

so I think I have right to be a bit cranky...
                      "Dippadai"

Comment

... my condolences.

Comment

Originally posted by Nappe1
                          Xortam, did you read the 2nd chapter on my post?...
                          I take it you're referring to the second paragraph of your previous post referring to the SVG chip? Has Bitboys begun shipping the product?

The Bitboys remind me of the story of the little boy who cried wolf. I don't know if I'll believe it if it really happens.
                          Last edited by xortam; 9 September 2002, 13:59.

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
                            ... my condolences.
                            thank you.
                            though I haven't met him since last year, he was a good guy.

during my 23 years of life, now three my friends has passed away. So, life teaches as we finns say.

Originally posted by xortam
                            I take it you're referring to the second paragraph of your previous post referring to the SVG chip? Has Bitboys begun shipping the product?
                            it's more like core and as far as I know, they have at least one customer. no one knows who is it, but there is some strong indications that it would be Nokia. Maybe we know when Nokia releases next new Cellular Phones.

Following links could be something interesting:

and

and

all publically available information about AXE can be found at:

and before I go to bed, I can reveal that I was talking about AXE on August, 2001 already. (can be found with search from here too.) And for me it was clear that AXE never hits the streets on 29th of November, 2001. So at the moment, AXE was their last try on PC-Market. This may change on future but right now they don't have anything on R&D for PC-Market.
                            "Dippadai"

Comment

(mdhome, if you read this, maybe you get the idea from this thread why I am just lurking nowadays...)
                              hey! don´t let that scare you away from murc. we are nice people here, we won´t pester you just because bitboys is extremely unlocky, it is not your fault.

seriously, "the crystal ball" would get very boring, if we only heard rumors about graphics-cards that ended up as huge successes.
                              we do understand the word "rumor", we don´t blame you, if your predictions turns out to be wrong.
                              Last edited by TdB; 9 September 2002, 14:23.
                              This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X