would appreciate some help with g400 max tv-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would appreciate some help with g400 max tv-out

Hi all, I bought my G400 Max when it first came out and I never utilized the tv-out function until now. I'm running Win2k, and using the first analog input for a Dell flat panel, and I connected the tv-out cable to the second head and am running it to my tv.

I've properly installed the 5.84 drivers, I have dual-head disabled, and DVD-Max is enabled but says is currently inactive. I'm not really sure what to do, what settings to use.

All I have now is a black screen on my tv and the display settings only show one monitor, the dell. Can someone help me out. I've tried using the search and checked the G400 Win2k Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), I'm still at a loss.

if you enable DVD-MAX, the tv will remain black until you play back a video using overlay. If you do, the videocard will send the overlay information in full overscan to the TV, creating an image comparable to what a stand-alone DVD player does, with the biggest difference that your PC isn't limited to MPEG1/2 material only for playback to tv.
    You won't see 2 monitors in the driver panel when only using DVD-MAX mode, and this is perfectly normal.

In dualhead clone mode, the output of the monitor is cloned to the TV, which is the optimal mode for outputting desktop and games to tele. Even in this mode you won't see a second monitor in windows, because the implementation is transparent at that point.

If you want 2 different desktops, i.e. one fo the tele and one on the monitor, then you need to enable the Dualhead Multi-Display mode, with seperate resolutions/colour depths for each output on the G400.

Just keep in mind that DVD-MAX is the mode for outputting videos to the secondary output on the G400 (in your case a tele), clone is for cloning the monitor output (for example desktop and games), and multi-display is for using 2 different desktops.

I hope this clarifies your understanding of the differences between the dualhead modes a bit

Comment

dZeus, that has clarified a lot as opposed to the pages and pages of material i've gone through. I just tried it and it works and I'm thrilled, now to overclocking the g400

Thanks a lot, really appreciate your help.
      Last edited by mous00; 6 September 2002, 13:15.

Comment

Working...
      X