Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you missing on Powerdesk?

Hi,
    I just want throw that question to you, as I really miss some features older versions of powerdesk had.

In fact I really miss keybindings for switching a Window from one Monitor to a different and TrueTriplehead or at least support for PortraitMode of a Monitor.

I'm wondering if a true tripplehead could be done by driver...
    I don't mean that I want differen Res. or higher refreshs on my displays, but at least too run them indepandently so that they I can use the provided pivotsofware.

Custom resolution. What were they thinking when they left this out?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

profiles for games, manually disabling/enabling 16xfaa/fsaa, aniso, v-sync each time i want to play a game is not very userfriendly, I miss that from the kyro drivers.
      oh! and i want to have gamma settings in the game profiles too.
      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

I'm really missing the monitor configuration option. Switching to each resolution and color depth to set up the right refresh rate is really annoying.
        With my G400 all I had to do is to load my profile to get the refresh rate set for all resolutions.
        Any hope that we will see this feature again?

Sirko.

Comment

Originally posted by TDB
          profiles for games, manually disabling/enabling 16xfaa/fsaa, aniso, v-sync each time i want to play a game is not very userfriendly, I miss that from the kyro drivers.
          oh! and i want to have gamma settings in the game profiles too.
          I hear ya!
          "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
          Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
          DriverHeaven administrator
          PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
            Custom resolution. What were they thinking when they left this out?
            Only good reason is less hassle for the tech support guys dealing with problems relating to custom refresh!

One idea might be to put some speaks out so someone with some programming skillz (I have some) could write a proggy to do this job!

FWIW, there's a program for ATI 8500 owners to enable custom resolutions as well
            "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
            Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
            DriverHeaven administrator
            PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

I want my old Powerdesk from G400 back!!!

Comment

the ability to right click on it and start the screen saver. or the nice, easy to navigate and operate interface. i liked it when the configuration options were on a single page.
                "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
                  the ability to right click on it and start the screen saver. or the nice, easy to navigate and operate interface.
                  I personally still own a G400Max. I've bound "start the screen saver" to Ctrl-Alt-Keypad minus. Will this still be possible with the new Powerdesk for the Parhelia ?

Comment

I don't believe so, but i am not in front of my computer right now so i cannot check...

that is really the one feature that annoys me that is not in there...
                    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

You can just bind useless things to a hotkey....
                      Oh, and i really miss the parhelia reef random movement screensaver....

Comment

Working...
                      X