Parhelia 64meg version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia 64meg version

When is this video card due out and is it still comming out?
    AMD XP 2100
    (2x) 512meg's PC 2700 RAM
    LeadTech Nforce 2 MB
    ATI 9500 nonpro
    56x CDROM
    32x CDRW
    8x DVD
    WinTV 401 PCI
    V.92 Modem
    120 gig WD SE HD

The site says 64 and 256 are due later this summer.

Summer ends officially on Autumn equinox which translates to September, 22nd.

There are some events in september as well.

From matrox
    Additionally, Matrox plans to bring a 64MB and a 256MB version of the Parhelia to market later this summer.
    [EDIT]spelling
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 5 September 2002, 13:58.

Comment

make the 64mb single head and i'm sold. oh and cut the price 50%
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

I'm with Thop and so are quite a number of my friends
        Most of us just need to use only one monitor. A P SH64mb would be more than enuff. Anyways if they ship with the head that can split into two vgas that should be enuff for those who use dual monitors. Heck! I'd buy any Matrox Parhelia card with one head if it was sold at US$150 or below
        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

I really can't see the point of making the card singlehead since the dualhead functionality is within the core and that would mean making a different core with less transistors...which probably would be simply more expensive again... A pure duelhead and not triplehead might make some sense though...

Cobos
          My Specs
          AMD XP 1800+, MSI KT3 Ultra1, Matrox G400 32MB DH, IBM 9ES UW SCSI, Plextor 32X SCSI, Plextor 8x/2x CDRW SCSI, Toshiba 4.8X DVD ROM IDE, IBM 30GB 75GXP, IBM 60GB 60GXP, 120GB Maxtor 540X, Tekram DC390F UW, Santa Cruz Soundcard, Eizo 17'' F56 and Eizo 21'' T965' Selfmodded case with 2 PSU's.

Comment

I would guess no single head, but a dual head version with no DVI outputs.

The Parhelia chip itself has the two 400Mhz RAMDACS built in to it, but the DVI-controller chips are seperate. That means they could save a bit of money by dropping them for the budget model.

I think if they went with 2 D-Sub connectors, they would also put a SVHS output on the back plate though.

For the expensive model, the 256MB one, I would hope they would have some method of feeding more power to it. Either by using AGP pro, or having a power connector like the Radeon 9700 has. I get the impression that lack of power is whats holding the speed of the chip back. And I have reasons to think that:

Prototpe boards ran faster. Suggests they were counting on them being in good quality motherboards with good quality power suppies.

Haigs comments before launch about needing lots of power.

Haigs comments about being able to overclock higher than 250Mhz would need a voltage mod.

The fact that ATI needed extra power on their design.

The fact the Matrox is about stability before speed, so would rather cripple the speed of their product rather than get a name for unstable parts.

Just some thoughts, and should have probably been in TCB forum.

Ali

Comment

Oh, I'd love a dual head 64MB version of P
              "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

me too.

Comment

Working...
                X