Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400 Max, Win2k, 15/30khz monitors.. how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Max, Win2k, 15/30khz monitors.. how?

I originally posted this to the gaming forum, but now I'm wondering if it belongs in the Hardware group, so pardon my cross-posting:

First a little background: I'm attempting to put a computer in an arcade cabinet similar to a "MAME cabinet", but running different software (under win2k)

The monitor is a standard-rez arcade monitor-- which means it does 320x200 @ 15khz, or 640x480 @15khz interlaced.

I have a device that does a conversion from 30khz to 15khz, but I'm not certain
    how to even get the refresh rate down that slow in win2k-- does anyone have any
    ideas? (It SHOULD be possible. I can do it with a driver modifier in win98, but
    I am hoping for a solution that works in win2k, and hopefully a cleaner one)

I would prefer not ot have to go back to win98, as I lose some functionality that would be nice. A 30khz solution should be fine as the screen currently displays as two side-by-side images at 60khz.

Any help is appreciated!

--Mike

Hi, AFAIK the 15kHz monitor is practically a TV without tuner(old Commodore 1084 monitors for e.g. for the C64 and Amiga). So if you wanna use a 15kHz monitor just configure the second head as TV. I can't give you details as I have a G200, so I'm sure you know it better than me.
    30Khz should be around 640x480@60Hz. You multiply the 480 by 60 and there you are=28800Hz.
    Hope I could help.

Comment

This is the second time I've heard to use the TV mode-- maybe there is something to it that I haven't thought of. I've had two issues with trying this...

First, in the arcade communitry it's generally known you don't send a TV signal into an arcade monitor. (there's a special converter for laser disk games like Dragon's Lair)

Second, any time I don't have the matrox tv cable hooked up to something, it assumes that it is a normal monitor. Is there a way to use the VGA out on the second port and get 15khz?

--Mike

Comment

Working...
      X