g400max or radeon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g400max or radeon?

i have an amd k63-450 machine and want to run dual head and also watch a few dvd's and divx movies would i be better off with a g400 max radeon dual head or g450?i will be using it more for dual head than dvd's and will be running windows 98.
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Re: g400max or radeon?

Originally posted by borat
    i have an amd k63-450 machine and want to run dual head and also watch a few dvd's and divx movies would i be better off with a g400 max radeon dual head or g450?i will be using it more for dual head than dvd's and will be running windows 98.
    Tried a Radeon 8500 a couple of weeks ago at my home system and the IQ was not even close to my G400 Max or G450!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

At the same time, you can't argue with ATI's DVD quality and cpu utilization....
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

If dual-head is more important than movies then I think Matrox is the obvious choice (and the G450 has better dual-head and IQ than the G400). As for CPU concerns, there's a 400MHz K6-III here with a G200, and it's (just about) capable of playing a fairly high-res (can't remember exactly, I'll find out if you really want) Divx with NT 4's Media Player. I'm sure with decent video software you'll be just fine.
        Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Also with a K6 450 you won't be pushing the R8500 very much anyway. So unless you're planning another upgrade I'd say G400 max if you can get one.
          Better dual head support better image quality.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

And I thought he means... Radeon VE/7000?
            P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
            Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
            And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Working...
            X