Question for motorsports lover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for motorsports lover

A friend of mine is interested in advanced and race driving courses (rally and track).

I know there are advanced driving courses by BMW which are considered very good and that there are some race driving schools in Italy.
    Does anyone know about any of this stuff ?

Over here, several major race circuits (such as Silverstone and Brands Hatch) have their own Racing Schools you can go for a weekend course, and manufacturers of sports cars often have their own performance driving courses. As I understand it, they start on a small production saloon with an instructor as co-driver,
    and 'graduate' later in the course to a few laps in a single seater.

Some of the motor manufacturers (especially those with some sporty cars in their lineup) offer performance driving courses, which is mainly orientated towards safety and handling rather than flat out speed.
    Fords did one not long after releasing the Sierra Cosworth, Caterham and Lotus do them IIRC.
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Thanks, what about rally ?

Comment

BTW, if you have any link to Silverstone Race School, please post it.

Comment

the wonders of google ....
          http://www.octagonmotorsports.com/tuition/

Rakido
          "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

I've SO wanted to do one of those, I went on a Mercedes driving course (not so much racing stuff sadly) when my old man bought his last Benz, but that was more just letting the drivers know about what to expect when the f#cking auto-pilot kicks in... "oh yes, and your S-class disable all human controls and drive for you if it appears you are having too much fun"
            Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Hehe, I'm going to a track event at Mossport with the Ferrari Club

This is the second time we do this and for 350 Can we get...

1-Proper instruction from well experienced race car drivers.
              2-track time from 8:30 am to 5:00 PM.

I have a Maserati Biturbo SI which handles pretty good around the turns, with great acceleration.

Regards,
              Elie

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
                Hehe, I'm going to a track event at Mossport with the Ferrari Club

This is the second time we do this and for 350 Can we get...

1-Proper instruction from well experienced race car drivers.
                2-track time from 8:30 am to 5:00 PM.

I have a Maserati Biturbo SI which handles pretty good around the turns, with great acceleration.

Regards,
                Elie
                /drool mode on forever

Comment

Working...
                X