Any good ATI forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good ATI forums?

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I'm not getting a Parhelia, as the price is way too high for what you get and I wouldn't use triplehead, its only unique feature. So far the Radeon 9700 seems like the best alternative out there, but I'm having a hard time finding any good forums discussing it. Is there anything like the MURC forums for ATI users?

Guess we're a bit spoiled here...
    <tt>READY.</tt>
    <tt><blink>#</blink></tt>

P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Re: Any good ATI forums?

Originally posted by MagerValp
      I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I'm not getting a Parhelia, as the price is way too high for what you get and I wouldn't use triplehead, its only unique feature. So far the Radeon 9700 seems like the best alternative out there, but I'm having a hard time finding any good forums discussing it. Is there anything like the MURC forums for ATI users?

Guess we're a bit spoiled here...
      It's a bit early and not a lot usrrs have them as yet but thats the place to go.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by WyWyWyWy
        http://www.rage3d.com
        i'm not sure i would call rage3d good...

it is the best spot for anything ATI related, but most of the people who post are *really* immature...
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost

i'm not sure i would call rage3d good...

it is the best spot for anything ATI related, but most of the people who post are *really* immature...
          Eh what me immature?

I haven't seen that but I don't post very often as I've haven't many problems. The biggest problem I have is that so many people post, your own post can end pages down the list and out of view within a day.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I used to work for Rage3D back in my younger days when the Rage Pro was a major video card. There are a lot of quackers that run the site like RageLTMan and MrB, but ever since James Crivellone hosted them and became a mod, it's been doing well.
            System Specs:
            Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
            May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
            Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
            And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
            just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
            For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Since I have purchased a R9700(arrived today ), I have been spending some time over in the 9700 forum, and I can honestly say that I can only stand being there for so long before I lose my mind. There are some great people there and ATI developers have been shoing up there a lot lately, but there are also atleast as many immature kiddies that drive me insane. I just try to ignore the kiddies and concentrate on the more intelligent posts.

Dave
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

B'ah! Nothing beats MURC!
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Well simply put... Rage3D is the best.

Sure there are some fanATIcs there, but you can ignore those threads if you want.. actually those are pretty funny to read once and a while. Posted there since i got my R8500LE.

Currently there are 3-4 ATI personel posting on driver issues, thats the best support you can get. Post a bug, not only they inform if they could repeat it in their lab, but they will tell when they get it fixed and in what driver version the fix is included.

You just cant do better than that.

PeTe

Comment

Originally posted by PeTe
                    Well simply put... Rage3D is the best.
                    Well simply put... MURC is the best.

Comment

Thanks for the input folks, the Rage3D forums seem OK. Nowhere near as good as MURC of course, but what do you do...
                      <tt>READY.</tt>
                      <tt><blink>#</blink></tt>

Comment

rage3d is ok as long as you don't have to talk to the people involved. most of them are ATI Fanatics who can't face *any* problems with their beloved cards, and a good chunk of them also spout random crap as if it were the truth.
                        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by Novdid

Well simply put... MURC is the best.
                          Originally posted by ZokesPro
                          B'ah! Nothing beats MURC!
                          These two guys know what's going on!
                          Titanium is the new bling!
                          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                          X