Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all js programmers :)

Hi

I've got 90% of this, but can't quite knit it together - can someone please help?

It's a web page quiz, but questions are displayed one at a time, either forward-slash or back-slash keypresses are used as answers and then the next question is displayed. At the end of the ~160 questions, totals for the two answers are returned in a form.

The idea is the user types in their name, then clicks on a start button and the quiz begins. When over the form submits the results.

I've got the questions in an array, and can display them in a popup, but I can't work out how to handle the keypress events.

A few lines of code (and where to put them) would be most gratefully received!

TIA

Tony.
    FT.

Hi,

maybe that's helpful.

http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/...nkeypress.html

Rakido
    Last edited by Rakido; 5 September 2002, 04:38.
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Tony, if you get stuck with the above, post the code here (or pm it to me/send me a link), and I can go through it. I did similar a while back for an embedded web-menu system in hotel rooms using the numbers 1-9 to select menu items. Unfortunately offhand I can't remember the code, and it's on my home machine which is "in storage" at the moment whilst I lead a nomadic life...

Not too difficult though - the link Rakido gave should be enough.

Gnep
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Thanks Guys

Rakido - it's more a problem of pinning it all together.

GNEP - I'll pm you.

Cheers

Tony.
        FT.

Comment

Tony - I have emailed you on the address in your PM. My web access is rubbishly slow today but email should be fine I think.

Comment

Thanks to some pointers from Danger Mouse, it is now finished.

Please pop along to www.le.ac.uk/pc/aa/quizintro.html and give my little psychological tests a go. You won't get an amazing amount of feedback, but you will be helping psychology research.

It's only been tested on IE so far.

Thanks

Tony.
            FT.

Comment

Hee Hee... No problem too great for the little white one and his sidekick with the eyebrows...

Comment

Working...
              X