is my parhelia retail or oem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is my parhelia retail or oem?

hi have just bought a pc with parhelia but how do i tell if is a retail or bulk version?
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

The part number will have an R or B on the end.

R=Retail
    B=Bulk

as in the first part in my sig. Parhelia is nice...
    How can you possibly take anything seriously?
    Who cares?

Comment

oh well its bulk still a real nice peice of kit though - triple head and surround gaming are worth the price alone
      is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
      Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

...don't think you will notice the difference in practice, unless you want to play FPS race.

People forget that PAL video and broadcast is 25 fps and NTSC is 30. The brain may think it's missing something, but the eye doesn't. NOBODY can react in a game faster than 1/30th of a second. It's a joke.
        Who cares?

Comment

Uhu, you play a game with average fps of 30 and see if you notice a difference

Doubt there's much difference between the speeds, but I'd rather have the retail.

£285/$400 is rough UK price including tax, come here baby...

P.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

...you mean average with dips below 30 fps? Right, like video with the staggers...

I have never seen anything on the price difference between the R and the B in percent.
            Who cares?

Comment

People have different opinions on how many frames per second is smooth or not but I have yet to year a person say that 30 fps is enough.
              -----------------------------------
              WHATS A JAVA?
              -----------------------------------

Comment

30 fps is enough.

DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

30 fps definately is not as smooth as 60 fps for many games.

If this is due to the perceived framerate or because of the net code being tied directly to the framerate (as with the quake engines), I do not know for sure. But I can definately see a huge difference between 30 fps or 60-90 fps in quake 3 online.

Edit: I just tested quake3 offline, and I can still see quite a difference between 60 fps and about 80 fps. I perceive everything under 80 fps as 'stuttering'.... if this is due to the way the game engine is made or only because of the framerate difference, I do not know though

but for me it's reason enough to make sure that first person shooters (or at least the ones based on ID software engines) can run at 80+ framerates at the settings I want to use.
                  Last edited by dZeus; 6 September 2002, 10:24.

Comment

Of course you can see the difference. This has been explained/discussed in many threads here, elsewhere and the odd article too.

30 fps is enough for a lot of single player games, but of course 60, 90, whatever, is better.

Comment

I know it has, but it seems that a lot of people here still think that everything above 30 fps is just meant for 'fps 3dfarq kiddos', which is complete bull.

Comment

hehe

Comment

Working...
                        X