Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have anything special planned for 9/11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have anything special planned for 9/11?

Well I'm planning on wearing red/white/blue that day and I'll say a slient prayer for the people who lost their life that day last year while I'm at my desk at the time it happened. I'm supposed to get some stuff from my company to be worn that day (pins I'm assuming...just hope they dont have the company Logo on them ) and I've noticed that alot of the local churches/etc are having a special service that day for those who feel compelled to addend. Anyone else have anything special planned?

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

My company is providing some free time around lunch to go say a prayer and have a moment of silence at all of our sites. I'll head off to that and blend into the background. Probably stay for 5 minutes, say my peace and leave.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I'm planning to stay home and hope no terror organisation will fail in all of their plans for that day.

Comment

The company I subcontract to lost two floors worth of staff in the attack, but they've decided not to organise anything official, because, they claim, nobody else is.
        However, most of the remaining offices in NY will be closed for the day, and offices in the rest of the world are asked to observe a minutes silence before carrying on with making money
        Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I will have a normal day, going to the Universety about 0800, and go home 1600. I don't think any terorists are going to atack Oslo!

Comment

I am curious to see what my company has planned. Last time we had a moment of silence but calls still came in cause most of our customers didn't care about what happened, they only cared about themselves and their f*cking computers! ( a few people quit because of some customers like that)

And as usual I was on a call during that moment of silence. Seemed like I was the only one talking at that time. Dammit some people have no respect. Hopefully this time I won't be on a call.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by [GDI]Raptor
              I don't think any terorists are going to atack Oslo!
              Thats what everyone was saying in the USA on 9/10/2001
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by GT98

Thats what everyone was saying in the USA on 9/10/2001
                Well they were right about Oslo.
                Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Wait a minute chaps. The point of a terrorist organisation is to spread terror and generally make your life unpleasant through never feeling quite safe. So they won't attack on the 11th. Look out on the 10th if I were you (and today whilst you're at it). The whole point is that they want us to live in fear the WHOLE of the time. Being unpredictable is one of the first rules.
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by [GDI]Raptor
                    I don't think any terorists are going to atack Oslo!
                    And just wher was that guy on the Swedish plane was headed? To attack an embassy or govt. building in a highly protected country like the UK or to some country that he thought was less protected? Hmmmm........

In the current situation I wouldn't be so self assured of my safety.....

The whole European attitude reminds me of MAD magazines resident idiot Alfred E. Newman;

"What? Me worry?"

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'm getting drunk on 9/11. Celebration enough for me.
                      System Specs:
                      Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                      May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                      Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                      And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                      just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                      For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

I think I've cried enough days last year without the need to think at it too much this year. I have a limit of suffering I can handle...

However, just a request for all the people here: please, pay attention on 10 and 12 september. I think 10 will be the most likeable to happen something, if something has to happen.

To all friends here on this board, please, take care of you in this time. Please.
                        Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Well I'm going to watch a football(soccer) game. I guess we will be asked to observe at least a minute silence before the game kicks off.

Hopefully it will be a good game.
                          Last edited by Novdid; 6 September 2002, 20:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt
                            I think I've cried enough days last year without the need to think at it too much this year. I have a limit of suffering I can handle...

However, just a request for all the people here: please, pay attention on 10 and 12 september. I think 10 will be the most likeable to happen something, if something has to happen.

To all friends here on this board, please, take care of you in this time. Please.
                            Will do!

You take care too you know!
                            Titanium is the new bling!
                            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                            X