Proxomitron - A great popup killer + more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxomitron - A great popup killer + more

Over the past week or so I have been looking into alternative security software. NIS totally wierded out on me so I had to uninstall it. So I have been downloading and installing a lot of the various proggies out there for firewall and anti-virus protection.

Well after finding the software I was happy with. I needed to find a popup/ad killer. And I discovered this great proggie. It is freeware. It works with most of the browsers out there. And you can add your own filters to it. So it is much much more than a popup killer.

Here is the Description:
    It was out of my own personal frustration with such "browser abuse" that the Proxomitron was born - at it's heart is a powerful text matching engine specially designed to re-write web pages on the fly, as you view them in your browser.

Getting rid of many common annoyances is as simple as clicking on one of the filtering rules included with the program, but best of all, the Proxomitron's rules aren't "hard-coded". You can look at them, modify them, even write entirely new ones!

If you know some HTML, you'll find the Proxomitron allows you to personally customize just about any web page you view. You'll no longer be at some web-master's tender mercy. Even if you know no HTML, you'll find the included rules give you far more control than you've ever had before, and my hopes are that other Proxomitron user will contribute useful rules they've written for the benefit of everyone.

Besides filtering web pages, The Proxomitron also allows you to control the normally hidden HTTP header messages that pass between your browser and the outside world. Many people are unaware that this covert conversation is even taking place, yet it can reveal all sorts of information. See exactly what your web browser has to say, then have it tell the world only what you want! Even those notorious "cookies" can be deleted or modified if you wish.

You can find it here: http://www.computercops.biz/modules....ownload&cid=19

And forum support is here:
    Flangor Strongaxe

Get Firefox
Working...
X