ATI Hydravision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Hydravision

I'm playing around with a Powercolor Radeon 9000 I picked up, but I can't get this Hydravision thing to work like I want it to. I can select clone mode or extended desktop, but no matter what I try I can't get Win2K to treat the card as two seperate cards so I can select different resolutions for each.

I'm using the latest Catalysts for non-ATI Radeons.

Oh, and the 2D is no where near my Matrox cards
    Last edited by CHHAS; 4 September 2002, 12:00.
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

You can't use different resolutions for each display with an ATI card under Win2K. Only Matrox supports true dualhead with independent resolutions under Win2K.
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Bah, useless piece of crap hardware

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Works fine under WinXP, however...
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

And the piece of crap is indeed M$ Win2k here.
          Matrox "workaround" is in fact a quite ugly system-hack.
          (but then who cares, as long as it works - I just wonder how they managed to get WHQL certification for a hack like that )
          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
          My System
          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
          German ATI-forum

Comment

My G400 and PCI Mystique combo works great too, guess I'll return the Radeon and keep on using that.

Comment

And btw, why on earth did you get yourself a PowerColor card. Everyone knows that those are crap (the ATI and the NVidia, even the Kyro ones). They're known for creating all kinds of problems, and bad 2D quality.

P.S.: The combination Radeon/Mystique should work as well.
              My System
              German ATI-forum

Comment

I don´t know about the 9000, but I spotted several Powercolor Radeon 8500 "Pro" using... DDR 166 Mhz memory.

Comment

Hercules, Gigabyte or BBA, not one of those then don't go near it!

Comment

And the Hercules Radeon8500, while having the best 2D, lacks the second RamDAC and thus is not acceptable for me - no real DualView capabilities.

I do hope that Hercules don't make the same mistake with their R9700Pro. But then, since I'm in Chicago in December anyway, I might as well get a built-by-ATI R9700Pro.
                    (Just have little doubts about the TVOut being NTSC)

P.S.: I have a XELO Radeon8500LE and this card is a built-by-ATI that was only packaged by XELO. It has 3.6ns RAMs and after some Voltmodding runs stable at 300/300 so I can't complain. Sapphire ATI cards are (at least the 8500 ones) the same manufacturing-wise as ATIs own R8500 (no wonder since Sapphire also builds the ATI cards), you just have to be careful about the clock frequencies there. So there are quite some manufacturers that make worthy ATI products, but until now PowerColor definitely is NOT one of them.
                    Last edited by Indiana; 4 September 2002, 14:55.
                    My System
                    German ATI-forum

Comment

On both the Radeon 9000 and 9700 the second RAMDAC is integrated into the VPU/GPU...Hercules should be OK for dualmonitoring now...
                      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

The 128MB offerings of the 8500 from Hercules does sport Hydravision if I'm not wrong.

Comment

ati 9000 support full dual head win 2k....guess how

Comment

I got the Powercolor because it was the fastest passively cooled card I could get my hands on, and I wanted faster gaming not more noise.

It has 5 ns ram running at 200 MHz DDR, and runs at 250 MHz core, which is according to ATI spec.

I'll probably just chuck in my Mystique and use that for Dual-head, but it really annoys me to buy a card touting dual-head capability and then finding out it's crap

Comment

You bought an ATI, and are surprised that it's drivers suck dirt?
                              You should know better than that by now, as long as you've been around here
                              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
                              X