13volts too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13volts too much?

i get my new computer today and have to reinstall as the raid was not set up correctly. but when i run the asus diagnostics utitlity it tells me something which should be 12 volts is 13 and beeps. is this going to do my system harm?what could be causing it ?
    i am running
    xp2200
    2 x wester dig 800bb
    cdrw
    dvd
    parhelia
    audigy
    modem
    512ddr
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

So long as you're within 10% of nominal voltages all should be OK...
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

...don't know which utility you are using, but check where the thresholds are set.

What PSU do you have?
      How can you possibly take anything seriously?
      Who cares?

Comment

My Asus A7V333 reads too high on the 12V line too - I ignore it as I've read a fair few others who have the same 'problem'.

Might be worth checking out the guys at http://www.amdforums.com/

Comment

use a multimeter

Comment

Do not rely on hardware monitoring, experience has told us all that it's error ridden and prone to poor coding. Always use a meter.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

cheers guys ill leave it and ignore it its a proprietry asus tool, ill check the forums.
              is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
              Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Working...
              X