X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New al-Quaida training tape found....

Press report:

"An al-Qaida training videotape, captured in Afghanistan, shows Osama bin Laden's terrorists are not only planning attacks with weapons of mass destruction but are preparing to kill Americans with drive-by shootings and home break-ins, through ambushes of law-enforcement officers and targeted assassinations on golf courses.

The videotape was produced, U.S. analysts believe, for al-Qaida's internal use and did not appear to be an external propaganda device.

U.S. military intelligence considers the tape much more significant in what it reveals about al-Qaida's modus operandi than the highly publicized video purchased and broadcast last month by CNN. U.S. forces found a cache of 64 al-Qaida tapes while combing caves and hideouts in Afghanistan. Analysts were surprised by some of what they saw in the latest video and believe they employ terrorist tactics and techniques meant for export to America and other nations.

"None of these training scenarios depicts the type of fighting that al-Qaida engages in within Afghanistan," noted one intelligence expert who saw the tape.

The training video shows al-Qaida operatives practicing the following kinds of assaults:

1. using pickup trucks with shooters concealed in the bed of the trucks

2. using motorcycles as a shooting platform for drive-bys and assassinations

3. execution of prisoners

4. ambushes of law-enforcement officers

5. residential break-ins and assassinations

6. assassination on a golf course using a rocket-propelled grenade and rifle fire

7. drive-up kidnapping of target walking on a street

8. the use of tunnels, storm drains and sewers for infiltration during urban raids

9. rappelling from rooftops of buildings to make entry on upper floors

10. use of motorcycles for grenade attacks

11. raids on buildings with large numbers of occupants – perhaps schools or office buildings"

etc.
    etc.

Reports like this come out and still people wonder why Americans are PO'ed and ready to fight. It also makes us wonder why much of the rest of the world is sitting on their collective arses waiting for the U.S. to do the dirty work.

Maybe if they crash an airliner or two into the Eiffle tower, Big Ben, national Parliaments or some other thing Euros hold dear??

Nawww.....

Dr. Mordrid

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 3 September 2002, 23:13.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

it's a training tape... or is thought considered threatening?
    Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Except for #3(maybe) and what "raids" means on #11, this seems just like the dog tapes: How exactly is this training different from what our own government does? Bush is pushing to let the CIA do its own assassinations again.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Thought of this type is threatening. In criminal law it's called conspiracy to commit a terrorist act. In international law it's the equivalent finding the plans for a gureilla war.

In either case you sit on your hands at your own risk.

I for one sure don't want to find out about these guys having nukes when CNN, FOX and MSNBC show images of the crater left behind after some city gets vaporized.

As for #11: please direct me to an example of where the US trains specifically to blow up a school?

As for blowing up a "public building", would you deny the US the right to train for an attack on a military HQ? Radar installation? Gun/missile emplacements?

Iraq puts these in their public buildings, thus endangering their own populace. No different than the WW-II Japanese Warlards putting POW's in their cities in an attempt to prevent attack.

Bush doesn't have to push for the CIA to do assinations again. That limitation was the result of a Presidential decree, which can be suspended and/or repealed by the stroke of a pen.

My guess is that this decree has already been suspended given that they're firing Hellfire missiles from Predator remote spy planes when they see someone they want on its optical sensors.

Dr. Mordrid

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 3 September 2002, 23:26.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Bush is only fighting fire with fire.
          These dogs don't know how to fight like men.
          A-Q is the modern version of WW2 Nazis, and needs to be wiped out for the saftey of the planet.
          To do this, we need to fight on their (cowardly) terms.
          The US/UN must defeat these chicken-shitz on their terms/grounds to win, otherwise in 10 years we won't be seeing babez in bikinis, we'll just be happy to see an un-vieled face in public...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin, you're absoloutly right, no war against a people who have been at war for so long is going to be won by dropping bombs. I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud here, but going out with agressive statements is about as useful as it is amusing. You might well satisfy egos by blowing stuff up, but you're not going to solve the problem... if you want to call it that.

*climbs off soap box*
            Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

As for #11: please direct me to an example of where the US trains specifically to blow up a school?
              Only after you direct me to where it says anything at all about blowing it up. It doesn't. It says "raids," which was already something I mentioned as needing clarification. You then continued to give valid examples of raids on public buildings in your own post. If I heard "X raided an elementary school" it could mean anything from bombing it to pieces to going in for a hostage rescue, kidnapping, precision assassination, etc.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Check Israeli news from the 60-80's and you'll find out what a raid is.
                A raid is taking control of a building in order to create a hostage situation. The price for releasing some of the hostages is the immediate release of key terrorists held captive by your or other governments.

The stuff you see in the movies is only the tip of the iceberg. If you check Israel's history, you'll see that most of this stuff has already happend here.

Here are some examples of terrorists attacks, Osama Bin-Laden wanted to copy to the U.S:

Terrorist Attacks 1970s
                Informed Observations on the Presence of "President Arafat" at the White House

By the way, for a real shock about the "Great Devil" (USA), check in this link how much money did each and every countrt (Arab and not) contruibuted to Palestine refugees during the years.

INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE MIDDLE EAST

Comment

Perhaps the most difficult lesson to come from the past 50 years leading up to 9-11 is that the concept of the non-combatant civilian is dead. When EVERYONE, from the infant to the elderly, is a possible target then EVERYONE must consider him/herself a potential soldier in a war that may well never end until one side or the other is exterminated.

Hey, Jesus, you can do that "second coming" thing any time you feel like it...

Kevin

Comment

It's simply because we have different sets of morals.
                    Our laws and culture is very different from theirs.
                    Things you'll see and immoral crimes are considered justified and blessed by your enemies.

It's not a war of arms, it's not a battle of wits either. It's a war of adaptation. Someone will have to adapt to the other side's morals. This way or another.

Comment

The problem is that only side is being forced to adopt the others morals and they protest the PC crowd slaughter them.
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

...ahem, excuse me. Dogbert was talking in another thread about assumptions. I wouldn't make assumptions about "discoveries" in hidden caves either.

The Bush/Cheney/Ashcroft team are very busy trying to make their case for their War on Terrorism and their monster anti-terrorism agency. That "training list" is precisely drawn up to scare the living shit out of every housewife, father, police officer, gas station owner, local politician, whatever, you can imagine. The Gestapo and every other secret police agency since has used such scare tactics to justify, establish and carry out their authority, methods and actions.

Sorry, that list is just too neat, too pointed and too unlikely to buy. And I've seen too much not to be skeptical...
                        How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                        Who cares?

Comment

...and another scenario is that al Quaida planted that stuff to scare the living shit out of private people and distract security forces while al Quaida pull off another 9/11 type coup....
                          Who cares?

Comment

You're right about one thing, Mutz. Since 9-11 we yanks have been pretty scared. The problem is that every one of the scenarios in this report is completely plausible to a nation of people who are still getting used to looking over our shoulders...

The thing is, we don't like being scared. It makes us ANGRY. To paraphrase Bill Bixby, "you wouldn't like us when we're angry..."

Kevin

Comment

...well Kevin,

1. Whoever made that list and videos (if really any) know very well what the American scare and soft spots are, and tailored it to that end.

2. One of the oldest ploys to power and manipulation of the masses is to get them looking over their shoulders, distrust one another and use that fear and distrust to the perpetrator's ends.

3. Nobody likes being scared, but fear is a lot healthier than anger. Fear opens the senses and alerts intelligence and intuition, followed by appropriate action. Anger blinds and is therefore manipulatible and vulnerable to inappropriate action or inaction. Americans don't realize that a good part of the world's population has been through so much, that they aren't phased by somebody's anger. All the martial arts can deflect and disharm anger and agression.

One of my major courses in intelligence school was disinformation, making it and detecting it. The US is still very naive in this department.
                              Who cares?

Comment

Working...
                              X