15in LCD Monitors...options needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15in LCD Monitors...options needed

I'm kicking around the idea of getting a 15in LCD Display for my Shuttle SS51G box I have, mostly for easy portablitly. I have a Radeon AIW 8500DV in it and was considering getting a DVI LCD, but at $500 bucks....thats bit too much to spend on a Monitor at the moment.

So heres my question...is there a Huge Difference between using DVI vs RGB input for an LCD monitor? Also what is a halfway decent analog LCD for Gaming? Remember this monitor is only going to be used when I'm over someones house or a LAN Party and not my main monitor. I'm more or less want to keep it cheap vs having a better image quailty,etc come out of it.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Never been able to compare one so I can say that mag reviews say yes there is a differance.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yes there is a differance with analog input versus digital on an LCD. At 15", the usual resolution is 1024x768 however, so you the analog can look pretty close to the digital input quality with a half decent video card and good cable. At larger lcd sized and resolutions digital makes a massive differance.

As for panel quality, most 15" stuff is made to keep the costs down, so you're not going to find any really great glass.. most will use the older TN process, which is cheap and provides decent brightness, but small viewing angle than a crt, and much slower response time.. which can cause ghosting trails for games.

Comment

There is a 10 pages long thread on arstechnica A/V club forum on that subject.

I would consider Hercules prophetview if I'd wan't a halfway decent/budget 15" LCD.

IMHO LCDs that are cool for colour, gaming etc... are still too expensive.

If I were you I'd get 3×19" NEC/Mitsubishi SB CRTs to go with Parhelia.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU

If I were you I'd get 3×19" NEC/Mitsubishi SB CRTs to go with Parhelia.
          I already have 2 19in and one 21in CRT for that ...I need something portable for my Shuttle XPC
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
          X