Phillips Sound Cards and Matrox G400 Marvel Win2k Capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillips Sound Cards and Matrox G400 Marvel Win2k Capture

Hi i'm using win2k with my system described in the subject, (and signature) and i tried every possible combination of drivers/vts to make capture work with my system in win2k. Win98 capture it's fine.
    However in win2k i get huge desyncs and i'm beginning to suspect that, maybe the sound card is the issue. Anyone with a configuration like this one can help ?
    I heard that my sound card is NOT smp compatible, which really sucks, because i have a dual mainboard and i want to buy another proc, but this is another story.
    1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,
    WinXP SP1, Drivers: 5.88, VT 2.02.

When I tried a Philips sound card in my system (Win98, Marvel G200) it would refuse to capture sound in every third or fourth capture attempt. No predicting exactly when it would happen and no combination of drivers helped. Concluded that Philips cards are not a good choice for this application. Got a Santa Cruz and all is good.

Kevin

Comment

damn phillips!!! the card was quite expensive and i thought (according to some reviews) that i'm doing a good bussiness!!! However, and this may be a good thread, what sound cards ARE recommanded with marvel cards?
      1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,
      WinXP SP1, Drivers: 5.88, VT 2.02.

Comment

I use a SoundBlaster Live! without any problems. I no longer use Marvel (grown out of it!) but, when I did, the two worked together just fine.

HOWEVER, some others have reported problems and this seems to be either a m/b compatibility difficulty or, to put it unscientifically, hard luck. Yet, some others are like myself, no problems. I therefore cannot recommend it unless you have the chance to try it out first and see for yourself, before committing yourself. Many recommend the Turtle Beach, but others (seemingly fewer) have also had problems with it
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I am using the Creative Audigy and it appears to be quite "in harmony" with the Marvel G400-TV

Regards,

Debbie
          We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Which Philips soundcard are you running???

Which drivers are you running???

Make sure to run the 1.89 WDM's for the PSC703/705/706 as they are the best drivers to date for those cards....

PM me if that doesn't work (I'm on the Philips Soundcards beta team, so I can get the info to the right people)...
            Last edited by K6-III; 4 September 2002, 10:39.
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I used the Philips Acoustic Edge with my Radeon AIW without any problems with W2K. I have used the Acoutic Edge in several computers and it has played nicely in each. I have never tried it with my G400 Marvel though.

Comment

Working...
              X