Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't output from RRS to Analog IN on Sony D8

Hello.

I have a rather strange problem. I decided to upgrade from a Sony Hi8 Camcorder (TR917)to a Digital8 one (TRV120). I also have a Matrox Mystique/RRS combo. With my old camcorder, I used to be able to output my final projects directly to the camcorder, using the S-Video jack. However, when I tried to do the same thing with the TRV120, the video signal got completely out of sync -the picture that I can see in the viewfinder is extremely distorted and unstable. It seems to me that the signal that RRS is sending via its output is somehow not compatible with the video in ports on my camcorder. I tried the same thing with the composite output on the RR, and the same problem appeared. However, when I hooked up my RR to a VCR and then went from the VCR to TRV120, the problem disappeared. It is almost like VCR functions as a stabilizer. By the way, TRV120 does not have any problems with signals from other sources (my digital cable box, VCR).

Is there anyone who experienced the same problem? Is there any way to fix it? I can use my VCR as a stabilizer, but I think that the signal is not as good as it could be if I used S-Video jacks on the RRS and TRV120.
    And it is such a shame, since I thought that I was going to be able to archive my projects on a digital medium easily.

Thanks for your time,
    Boris
Working...
X