Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent question! Can WIndows XP Home connect to a domain? If so how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent question! Can WIndows XP Home connect to a domain? If so how?

Can WIndows XP Home connect to a domain? If so how?

Of course not,

Management
    Domain membership - Home Edition cannot be used to logon to an Active Directory domain. For obvious reasons, the Domain Wizard is also missing in Home Edition.
    Group Policy - Since Home Edition cannot be used to logon to an Active Directory domain, Group Policy--whereby applications, network resources, and operating systems are administered for domain users--is not supported either.

Of course not,
    No sleep, no beer, no TV and no sex make High go something something something . . . . . .

Why the $%#^ would his not be included. SO if a business buys a machine with the home edition, they have to buy the professional operating system to update it to connect to a friggin' domain.

No sleep, no beer, no TV and no sex make High go something something something . . . . . .

Why the ^%&* would this not be included. It has been for Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2k, etc . . . . These stupid ^&^#s.

There, I've said it and I don't feel better. Been here for many hours with a bad switch that delayed me trying to do this which if the switch hadn't had any problems, I would have found this out early enough to do something about it. Never touched XP for more than 10 frigging seconds before. How was I supposed to know this. Boss says oooh a good deal on a machine. Let's get that one. Doesn't ask, doesn't even tell me. I though I was going to add a 2k professional machine to the network, but nooooooooooooo!

Comment

Yep it's damn annoying specially as Sony ship some of their laptops with XP Home
      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Supposedly there is a hack but I've never tried it.
        C:\DOS
        C:\DOS\RUN
        \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Working...
        X