[Game] Emperor Battle for dune , problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Game] Emperor Battle for dune , problems

Ok , when the shadow is set to high, the game stutters when buildings are visible on screen.

When I set the shadows to low, it works perfect.

disabling glypt and 1billion colors didn't matter

- 16xFAA creates some erros while scrolling the battle field, don't think they can fix it.

4xAA works with no erros
    - 4xAA works great at 800x600 - No slow downs at all
    - 4xAA works great at 1024x768 - a small slowdown when alot of units or buildings

when AA and shadows are set to high results in a unplayable framerate , I think around 1 - 2 frames a second...

there is a real problem with the shadows here.

Oh and Emperor is Directx 7 game.

didn't the parhelia have more problems with shadows ?

oh and you can see the difference between glypt and no glypt.
    Damn didn't know the difference would be that big, even in Emperor the text is sharper when glypt is enabled
    Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Interesting - I don't recall seeing these problems playing with an earlier driver. I'll try it tonight and report back
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
    Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
    DriverHeaven administrator
    PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

Well, I get the stutters with buildings on screen. Smooth as butter when they ain't.

Can't say that I got any visual errors with FAA - looked dead sexy

Didn't play it for too long though
      "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

Comment

I only got them while scrolling, I was using the 1.0.4.231 drivers
        did you use them too ?
        Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

Originally posted by CaineTanathos
          I only got them while scrolling, I was using the 1.0.4.231 drivers
          did you use them too ?
          Yeah. I'll test em with those slightly newer ones too.

Comment

I tried it again, now I only got some small error with the black shroud when FAA was enabled

Comment

Working...
            X