New Books to digest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Books to digest!

I had the pleasure to visit a couple of bookshops and found three new books:

Valhalla Rising by Clive Cussler,
    When the luxury cruise-liner Emerald Dolphin powered by a revolutionary new propulsion system becomes a raging inferno and sinks mysteriously, it is lucky that NUMA special projects director Dirk Pit is on hand to rescue the passengers and investigate the tragedy…
    America by Stephen Coonts,
    A rouge CIA team has stolen America’s newest attack submarine the USS America, and Jake Grafton is drafted in to investigate….
    The Bear and the Dragon by Tom Clancy
    China is eager to invade Russia and newly elected President Ryan sends his best undercover operatives to investigate…

A two pound heavy novel that can hit you like a brick
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

I'm a big fan of Clancy, although that particular novel has yet to grace my bookshelf. I remember reading "Cardinal in the Kremlin" about the same time as I was working for a defence contractor, and thinking "I was reading this stuff yesterday in the Classified file!"
    I've read a few of Coonts' books and been pretty impressed, although I prefer Clancy as he's more fact based.
    Clive Cussler is another author I've yet to read much of.

You might also want to check out some of Dale Brown's earlier novels (he gets too far fetched in the last few for my liking), and Terence Strong has done some very, very good novels in the same factual-could-really-happen vein as Clancy, although his are lower key.
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Though I didn't read any of his books, I heard Robert Ludlum is one of the best writers out there for this kind of literature.

Comment

Working...
      X