Rare and special cd's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare and special cd's!

Again "extended" my (hevy) cd collection with a couple of "limited releases and was wondering if any off you ownes some!

The new ones are:

Black Sabbath : The complete 70's Replica CD collection (1970-1978). ( "classic Sabbath LP CD miniatures with a 16 page photo booklet!

Helloween : Treasure Chest. The special limited European edition with a 3rd CD with rare b-side tracks and a poster!

Gamma Ray : Ultimate Collection. 6 CD box set all cd's with 3 bonus songs each and a poster!

Older Stuff:

Nightwish : From wiches to eternity live. Finland only limited release.

Stratovarius : Intermmission. Special Edition (2000 copys made)

Rhapsody : Dawn of victory. Limited edition, includes 64 page colour book with intervies pictures, band history etc. and a bonus cd with 4 audio tracs 3 music videos a screensaver etc.

Been trying to get a hold of the Y. Malmsteen boxed set but it's seams to be near impossible here in Finland!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

nice colection.... ihave the compleat combined albums of roger waters .. syd baret and pink floyd.... havent gone after gilmor's stuf as it is hard to find and richard write's wet dreams i havent seen any where yet... looking iut for suppertramp, alan parsons, doors, and led zeplien.... also have all the dead can dance and lisa gerard albums
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

There have been a few CD I've hunted for over the last few years.

First was Fleetwood Mac's "Kiln House". Even though 'Mac are a British band, the album was deleted stock over here. Eventually it occured to me to get it from Amazon in the US.

Second was a movie soundtrack called "Trick or Treat" by Fastway. Still havent found it, but I've managed to get most of the tracks on MP3 thanks to Napster and Kazaa. (See RIAA? I'd buy the damn things if I could!)

Finally. I'm still looking for a CD (or any MP3s of) a band called Broken English (not Bad English), who had a couple of hits in the UK in 87-88 and released an album called "Return of the Sons of the Magnificent Three" before vanishing into obscurity.
      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I'll chime in here, because I'm sorta proud of this kind of thing. Not much that's really ultra-special, but as I look over my collection, I see:

- Smashing Pumpkins 'The Aeroplane Flies High' box set,

- Limited-edition Australian release of Soundgarden's 'Down on the Upside', with extra CD 'Down Under on the Upside' (get it?), with some damn good stuff on it,

- Filter 'Title of Record', Ltd. ed. Australian release with two extra tracks,

- A Perfect Circle 'Mer de Noms' promo with extra CD. (Bought this one from Finland...)

- The 2-CD release of Smashing Pumpkins' 'Rotten Apples'. Not special now, but probably quite sought-after in a few years.

- Tori Amos 'Boys for Pele'. The original release, before they changed 'Talula' and replaced 'In the Springtime of His Voodoo' (which I really like) with that horrible remix of 'Professional Widow'. Found it a couple of years ago, hard to find so I thought I'd mention it.

- U2 'The Best Of', 2-CD version with the B-sides disc,

- Japanese releases of Bjork 'Post' (this one was mislabelled in the store so I got it cheap), Manic Street Preachers 'The Holy Bible' and 'This is My Truth Tell Me Yours', Radiohead 'Itch' (which I think was Japan-only) and Smashing Pumpkins 'Machina/The Machines of God'.

- Tool 'Lateralus'. Not special at all, except it's the first pressing with the spelling mistake in the track listing

Oh, and the European edition of Soundgarden 'Superunknown' with an extra track, but.... check my location...
        Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

RichL, I tried to get trick or treat many years ago on cd but it was never released on this format, as i didn't have a record player I never brought a copy.

My top 3 prized disks are all cd singles,

big time - peter gabriel
          ship of fools - world party
          and a 5 cd single set by depeche mode, this cost me £50 at the time when single usually cost £1.75

and a signed copy of a magnum single which cost me as well

All thanks to the defunct discotrak in leamington spa.

Breezer
          Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

Originally posted by breezer
            RichL, I tried to get trick or treat many years ago on cd but it was never released on this format, as i didn't have a record player I never brought a copy.
            You mean the soundtrack from the movie "Ragman"? You can order the CD online here: http://www.hangloose-records.com, the price is Euro 15.- (but the minimum to order is Euro 50.-, but i'm sure, they have lot's of other cd's you're interested in)

I know the two owners from the shop personally, they are absolutely friendly and trustworthy (no i'm not related to them in any way. This is based on no single bad experience with them over the last 12 years).

RichL: write them an email about your search for "Broken English". I'm sure they can help you in some way.

And as this seems to be a good thread:

Anyone having a CD or mp3's from a band called "elektronische musik aus köln". i'm speaking about the white CD.

Rakido
            Last edited by Rakido; 2 September 2002, 02:22.
            "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working...
            X