Red Faction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Faction

Can anyone get Red Faction to work? Because I just installed it and it won't run at all. Just wondering.
    My "Baby": Shuttle SS51G, P4@2.26 Ghz 533 FSB, 80 GB Western Digital Caviar "Special Edition" Hard Drive 7,200 RPM w/8 MB Cache, 512 MB Corsair PC2700 with Heat Spreaders, Pioneer DVD Drive (w/sexy slot load ), and of course a Matrox Parhelia Retail Vid Card

It isn't running by me too... it starts, i see a black screen and suddenly i'm back on the desktop...
    System:
    P III-S 1.4@1.52
    512 MB SDR-Ram
    Gigabyte-6IEML
    Matrox Parhelia

Comment

Ok, just wanted to be sure it wasn't me. It would be cool if that could be fixed though. . .
      My "Baby": Shuttle SS51G, P4@2.26 Ghz 533 FSB, 80 GB Western Digital Caviar "Special Edition" Hard Drive 7,200 RPM w/8 MB Cache, 512 MB Corsair PC2700 with Heat Spreaders, Pioneer DVD Drive (w/sexy slot load ), and of course a Matrox Parhelia Retail Vid Card

Comment

I guess this is a Parhelia specific issue? I've played the game, but don't any longer because the net code basically stinks (ugh, money badly spent, but all because of that net code lagging like crap. If that problem wasn't there, I think it'd rock.).
        "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
        Gainward Ti4600
        AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Yeah we're aware of the problem, it is planned to be fixed but since it's an old game, there's higher priorities on other games. If it won't make it in the next driver should be in the driver after that.

Regards,
          "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Thanks for keeping us updated....
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I understand that reasoning, I want the newer games to be optimized before the older ones. Thanks for being diligent.

Comment

Working...
              X