Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce 2 MX 400 BIOS upgrade

Hi eveyone
    I recently bought a GeForce 2 MX 400 (64 MB). I noticed that it is using the reference BIOS provided by nVidia (Ver. 3.11.01.24.00) while the latest BIOS available is Ver. 3.11.01.37.00 . Though I’m having no problems, I was thinking of flashing it to the latest version. Is it advisable to do so ? And can it offer any performance increase? There have been about 12 releases between the 2 versions, and each of them has a long list of fixes given in the BIOS history, so I was wondering if I should update the BIOS.
    Another thing, if I do flash to the latest BIOS, will my card run at the same clock speed that it is running at now? I’m asking this because while the standard speed for the MX 400 is 200 MHz core, 166 MHz memory, my card is running at 200 MHz core and 143 MHz memory (due to slower memory being used, but that full story is in another thread!). Some cards also run at 183 MHz memory, so if they also use the reference BIOS, how is the memory clock setting decided? Is it automatically set based on the speed of the memory used? (like 4 ns, 7ns).
    Any suggestions would be welcome
    Cheers
    Ovi

Flash the wrong BIOS.
    Go to reseller.
    Act like a clueless noob or send your sister/mother there.
    RMA the card.
    Get CPU/MoBo upgrade.

Comment

Heh,heh,not really feasible! Explanation is in my other thread!
      Cheers
      Ovi

Comment

Working...
      X