pal/ntsc vcr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pal/ntsc vcr

Hi does anyone have any info on the vcr's that can play ntsc and pal ?
    I have a friend in Belgium that could get one for me.I think it's a JVC.It outputs in pal only. Can the voltage be switched to suit Canada? Could I use it with RRs to convert pal to ntsc and/or ntsc to pal?

smitty,

for as far as I know, most of the stereo vcr's here in holland can play both ntsc and pal. They all output to pal. Such vcr's are not that special, they are quite common.

Maybe you just have to look in Canada for the higher class vcr's.

Good luck,

marijn

Comment

Smitty

I have a Thomson MultiSystem VCR which will play/record NTSC/PAL/SECAM and will also play back NTSC or SECAM to a PAL only TV. However it is 230 V power only, 50 Hz. I should not think that 60 Hz would upset it because I doubt whether any motors are squirrel cage AC types, although one cannot be sure. If there are power transformers, they would be OK on 60 Hz.

Yes, you should be able to convert between systems OK.

------------------
      Brian (the terrible)

[This message has been edited by Brian Ellis (edited 06 July 2000).]
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thank you both for your replies.
        Marijn,in Canada the manufactures have seen fit NOT to release dual (ntsc/pal) vcr's except for a couple of expensive units.I presently have a couple of "high class" svhs vcr's , however none are dual. I understand that most vcr's sold in Belgium (probably most of Europe) are dual.My issue is that for the cost (JVC @ about $200 Canadian)can I use one to convert ntsc to pal?
        Brian I wouldn't chance smoking a vcr( terrible smell).Any vcr's with switchable voltage/cycle in Europe? My friend returns next week, so I'm tryin to find out very soon.
        Thanks again guys
        (sorry about long post)
        smitty

Comment

Working...
        X