Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driver performance on G550

Hallo guys!!!
    I can not understand how is it possible that with newer drivers I have smaller and smaller performance on my G550. The best was 6.72 but hasn´t support for range and W fog. So I decided for 6.82, which has these features. But performance droped from 2770 to 2680 points in 3DMark 2000 - default. Then I used 6.83 beta and performance was lower too. About 2600 points. I founded out that also CPU performance came from 195 to 175-7-9 points. And what is the worst that performance in High polygon count drops from about 2 Mtexels to about 1.1 Mtexels. I don´t know if newer drivers need more power or what... So I think to upgrade my proc. to CELERON about 1300 Mhz. What do you think how much will increase my performace (of G550) with this more appropriate proc. for this card? (as I mean).
    Thanks in advance Marcello. BYE

P3 672 (112FSB) 256 MB RAM G550 19´´ Viewsonic G90 and some other nice accesories.

Do you mean that upcoming sim LOMAC will be fine playable on my card with faster proc? Sure at not max details with egde features like PIXEL, VERTEX and the other Shaders:-)))

Check the performance in games you play since 3Dmark is a synthetic benchmark and a few 100 points up or down don't make a real world impact.

Comment

you are right but I have not any FPS meter in game. I play Il2 Sturmovik and there are still bugs with textures in OPENGL

Comment

Give FRAPS a whirl if you decide to test your FPS ingame...
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
        X