What's Rotation??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Rotation??

Hey all, watching TV with my buds and we were messing with my new big screen. I came across a feature that my manual doesn't mention called rotation. It's under the features of the tv. I've been messing with the setting but I can't see its effects, and none of us knows what it does. So does anyone know what the rotation feature does in an HDTV ready television?
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

as I recall, the earth's magnet fields in some locations and/or other strong magnetic influences can cause the picture to rotate slightly. Rotation is negligible at 4:3, but can be noticeable at 16:9. The Rotation function is to correct this. My tv corrects automatically.
    Last edited by mutz; 31 August 2002, 01:18.
    How can you possibly take anything seriously?
    Who cares?

Comment

Very useful since Earths magnetic poles move constantly.

It'll be even more useful when they flip. When this happens, and some scientists think this is overdue by not a little, north magnetic moves to Antarctica & vice versa...but first they disappear entirely. Don't worry....the magnetic dipole should be around for about 2000 more years, we hope

There are instances in the past where the poles have reversed suddenly, so things still could get interesting. Once it does, however, north will be south and east will actually be west

FYI: the Sun's magnetic poles just flipped....again. Happens at about the same time as the solar maximum; about every 11 years.

Dr. Mordrid

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 31 August 2002, 10:39.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Ok. I finally figured it out last night. Yeah, it rotates the screen, but you can't tell when the picture is moving. I had some kind of pause feature that paused the screen and you can see it tilt when it is paused. This is one freakin nice TV. Thanks for the info.
        System Specs:
        Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
        May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
        Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
        And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
        just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
        For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Working...
        X