Cinelerra for LINUX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinelerra for LINUX

So has anyone here attempted to use this NLE? It sounds like one heckuva package:

VU meters
    unlimited tracks
    16 bit YUV compositing
    renderfarm
    free form editing
    Firewire, MJPEG, bttv video I/O
    Firewire, OSS, Alsa audio I/O
    Batch capturing
    SMP utilization
    realtime effects
    still image panning
    Quicktime, MPEG, and image sequence I/O
    OGG Vorbis audio
    64 bit internal audio representation

All that and a bag of chips, too. That renderfarm stuff sounds nice; to my knowledge, Final Cut Pro and Premiere don't support it. I'd bet that some of the higher end AVID products would.

It looks boody fantastic. RT from software, suports uncompressed video, render farm, omg! Wow. I've always said only if LINUX had a good NLE I would piss Gates and hiss crew off forever. This might be the software.

I can't find anything out about it's colour correction abilities. Any info?
    It will take a year or two min befor I totally drop my adobe/win-world but if I start adopting this gear now, I can only imagine where it will be in two years! Look at where the GIMP is now!
    This is the best news/product developement the NLE world has ever seen. Well beside my RRS. That SOB still rules.

Dudes. Do your best support this product. Its in all our best intrests if this piece of software becomes a standard. Voice your opinions and add your expertice if you are so enabled, and lets mold this products developement. And for Gods Sake everyone get on Matrox's Ass for their yet unreleased Linux P drivers.
    There are a lot of Hard-core Linux users who would gladly adopt the first modern graphics card maker that ever took them half-assed seriously! Matrox, you niche is waiting......
    Triple-head
    ,Linux,
    professional open GL driver,

my money is ready when you are ;^)
    Damnit Jim I'm a film maker, not a systems tech!

Comment

I downloaded it, and I'll be sure to try it once I get Linux all set up.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Well!! Anybody got this thing goin yet?

BTW-
        JerryH it makes me so sad that you run your 1 gig @ 750
        Many Tbirds are unlocked- have you tried changing the multiplier?
        If it is locked please get a hb pencile and fill it those level 1 bridges and get that puppy on a 12x multiplier. ASAP.
        Please for my sake. You sig hurts me so.
        Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

hahaha, appreciate your concern, funky!

I have tried the pencil, but to no avail, but I just upgraded to a bigger PS (250 to 400), so mayhaps I"ll give it another shot. Admittedly, one of the reasons I bought the Mobo was because it is supposed to have very good OC capabilities.

Comment

Working...
          X