Unable to allocate irq for g400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to allocate irq for g400

I've just changed my motherboard from an Abit KR7 (via based) to an ASUS sis based board to get around the dreaded via latency problem. Lots of people on this and the Ulead forum have said this would cure my video editing problems with Ulead Mediastudio pro stuttering when editing video. This is true, for the first time in 8 months (since laying to rest my intel P600) I can edit digital video. But: I have tried to install windows 2000 and I can't install the vid tools, basically nothing happens at all when I try. This used to work on the Abit board. The trouble is, there is no option on the ASUS award bios to set an IRQ for the video card and according to the Matrox installation it needs an IRQ to enable the video editing tools to be installed. So how do I get around this or have I bought another useless m/board?

What MB?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

ASUS A7S333 with sis 745 chipset

Comment

Have you installed both SP2 and the AMD AGP patch in Win2k?

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

not tried the sp2 but what is the amd agp patch?

Comment

Even if it isn't a problem with your setup it's worth installing. Corrects some AGP issues with AMD cpu's & some apps.

Have you checked your BIOS version? Something in the earlier versions may be whacked.

I see 1003 release has been posted on the US site and the German site has 1004 beta 2.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

spot on, the amd agp patch fixed it! Cheers

Comment

Excellent. Now...get and install SP-2 to your Win2K installation. It really does help with some stability issues, which is very important in an editing system. The latest DirectX is also highly recommended.

Have fun

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                X