Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G200 still worth getting?

Hi folks,

currently I am working with a Mystique/RR Studio and am quite happy with it.

The main focus of my computer work, though, is music: HD-Recording, soft-synths, sequencing etc. Some of my music hardware is quite difficult to handle when other PCI-Cards, like the Mystique, are present. This is why I want to switch to a G200 Marvel AGP.

I think in terms of features the G200 is nearly identical to the Mystique/RR Studio. Does the old Marvel have any serious drawbacks or flaw because of which I should not buy one?

Thanks for your help,
    ThoVie

The Marvel G200 had one problem that did affect performance. The main symptom was sometimes the output would drop to B&W unexpectedly if the input wasn't a full spec 1.0 volt peak-to-peak. This, unfortunately, was a rather common problem as many consumer cams and decks do not deliver a full spec output signal. I got around it by using a video preprocessor to amplify the input signal.

This was fixed in the Marvel G400. The Marvel G400 also has other improvements including better 3D acceleration.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 04 July 2000).]

Comment

Hi Doc,
      I think I could live with this problem because video preamplifiers, if I need one, are not THAT expensive, aren't they?

Thanks for your help,
      ThoVie

Comment

I hope I'm note over stepping any lines here, but I've got a Marvel G200-TV that works fine, if you're interested. Has Avid Cinema cinema as well, if you like their software. Personally, I use Premiere, but I'm a glutton for punishment too.

Like you, I owned a Mystique 220 with RR daughter board, and upgraded to the G200. I found out that files captured with the Mystique/RR were able to be opened by the G200.

Drop me an E-mail if you like.

[This message has been edited by JerryH (edited 05 July 2000).]

Comment

My pennies worth here - My G200 Marvel TV is generally excellent - BUT the one real bummer of a drawback for me is:- Very bright light greens overload the input, which causes a lack of detail in the highlights. This may not matter for lots of people, but if filming grassy backgrounds on sunny days, it looks very poor quality.

At all other times the quality is really good.

Cheers - Biker

------------------

Comment

Working...
          X