Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMS 4.0 unattended driver install for G400 and G450

Hello All,

A company I work with recently updated their SMS to version 4.0 running on Windows NT 4. They are unable to get the Matrox drivers to install unattended. I have submitted the question to the Matrox website support and they suggested checking here.

The set up is 300+ system all with NT. They are using SMS so they do not have to walk around to all of them and do it manually. All have G400 or G450 video card installed. Trying to do the unattended install of the latest unified driver for NT so they will not have to specific two different driver files. It locks up when this is ran. I was wondering if anyone else has tried unattended installs of the G400 or G450 with SMS 4.0 and would share their steps to success. Thanks in advanced for any help.

I believe you mean SMS 2.0 SP4 . The highest version of SMS currently is 2.0 and the latest Service Pack for it is 4.

As for installing drivers via SMS...Why?
    Do the stations currently not have their video drivers installed? Are they using VGA mode?
    Are you wanting to mabye upgrade the older drivers on these workstations to the latest version?

It's best to do so manually. Upgrading video drivers on an NT4 machine is not a pretty process.
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Maybee you should uninstall the older driver first using the Matrox uninstaller before you try to update to the newer ones.

DosFreak : can you imagine going to more than 300 machines probably in different floors to update each one ?? this gonna take alot of time .. and that's why there are management system programs .
      GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

But why push out a video driver updated if it's not needed? Just wondering? A Norton AV updated....a Windows hotifx yes...but a driver update?
        C:\DOS
        C:\DOS\RUN
        \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Sorry for not providing more info. The SP4 caused issues with the Matrox driver and it would blue screen the systems. So we got an updated driver from the Matrox site and it worked fine but we were having trouble with the unattended install using SMS. We could do it manually but it would take a really long time. I'm really looking for someone that has done it before to provide some instructions or pointers because the Matrox steps are not really that clear and have not worked at this point. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X