resize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resize

how do I resize my video from the non-standard 704x480 to a 640xXXX with out changing the aspect ratio.
    I would need 640x436.3636 to maintain the aspect ratio and I dont want to go all theway down to 352x240.

VirtualDub.
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

Comment

but how do I change to a size and keep the ratio

Comment

Chances are, you don't want to keep the ratio. The 704x480 capture (740x480, too) actually has a weird aspect ratio instead of the standard 4:3. If you're bothering to resize it-- probably for computer display, I'm guessing-- then resizing to 640x480 will correct the aspect ratio to 4:3.

But, if you really have your heart set on maintaining the 22:15 aspect ratio, the correct size is 640x436 (and 4/11ths).

Interesting fact of the day: If you've shot a scene using the 16:9 mode on your camcorder, and want to letterbox it, apply a motion path to shrink its height from 480 to 360. (Thus, 704x480 becomes 704x360, 740x480 becomes 740x360, etc.)

Comment

I didnt want to change the ratio because I didnt want to mess up the image.
          I am reducing size to try to help my divx problem

Comment

Enrico: Have you tried changing the ratio a tad? It might not be as bad as you think.

Comment

maybe you can try any cropping feature... This way you'll be able to stretch the aspect ratio of the frames while shrinking them back when resizing. Of course you'll loose some of the picture, but that's obvious.

Marijn

[This message has been edited by Marijn (edited 06 July 2000).]

Comment

Hi Enriko - Autodesk Animator is brilliant for resizing to any ratio or size that you require. I have an early win95 version which handles a lot of formats, what the new version do I do not know. It is great for removing single frames as well. Something that most of the new editors make much more difficult.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                X