No announcement yet.

Viewsonic GT775 2k & 98 ICM profiles??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewsonic GT775 2k & 98 ICM profiles??

Any ideas? I could've sworn I had em a couple of years ago, but can't be found on any of my disks or old tapes, and oddly enough no 98 icm on the VS floppies that came with them. I'm doing the google/lycos/hotbot/etc... thin again and going over their website with a fine toothed comb, but doubt it'll be any different than the last few times I looked.

Is there some sort of a monitor info mecca online that I just don't know about? Anyone have any ideas on where to look?
    Yes I drive a 13yr old Volkswagen; Yes I'm a dirt poor college student; Yes every tank of gas is more $$ than the value of my car, but it is FUN to drive, so I don't care about your ego or how much your car cost, if you insist on going the exact same speed in the passing lane as the car next to you for 10 minutes, stop being a self righteous ass, move the hell over and just let me by!!!

I use the icm files for my PS775 in win2k but the GT775 win2k & win9x icm files included in the VSINF.exe for PS775 you can try looking for it on their website and if you cant find it send me your email addy i'll pass you the file.

save u the trouble, saw my inf file listed as Viewsonic Unsigned Plug and Play Drivers for Windows® 95/98/Me/2000/XP
    try this file if you cant get the signed drivers to work the webpage link is http://www.viewsonic.com/support/drivers.htm
    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

icm profiles from manufacturer /= accurate colour.

No two monitors (even same model) are the same.

Fire up Photoshop's Adobe gamma and make your own icm that will also be concurrent with your monitor settings.

This is first hand experience.

You can also borrow hardware calibrator (Pantone and such) from a friend that works in service bureau.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Thanks for the heads up Belwarrior, I was too busy looking for something GT775 specific too notice anything else I guess.

I'm not really crazy about adobe gamma - it's been ok for quick 30 second adjustments for me, but but I've never been able to get good neutrality with it. It's never given me WYSIWYG all the way from the scanners to the printers. I've had pretty good luck with my electronblue's by using Lacie's icm.

I like the hardware idea though - I'll have to see who I can con into borrowing a spyder or something
        Yes I drive a 13yr old Volkswagen; Yes I'm a dirt poor college student; Yes every tank of gas is more $$ than the value of my car, but it is FUN to drive, so I don't care about your ego or how much your car cost, if you insist on going the exact same speed in the passing lane as the car next to you for 10 minutes, stop being a self righteous ass, move the hell over and just let me by!!!

Comment

Working...
        X