Parhelia needs 2 boots to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia needs 2 boots to start?

Since i've installed my Parhelia ( Bulk ) i need 2 boots, in order to that the P beginns to work.
    After the first boot i have a blank screen, and my MoBo tell's me that the videocard is damaged. After the second boot the card runs perfektly. What can i do?

System:

NoName 350 W PS
    Abit KX-7 KT333
    Athlon XP @ 1615 Mhz ( 170 Mhz FSB )
    512 MB Ddr-Ram
    Parhelia

Sorry for my english, but i belive you will understand me ^^
    System:
    P III-S 1.4@1.52
    512 MB SDR-Ram
    Gigabyte-6IEML
    Matrox Parhelia

Sorry I don't have an answer for you but here's a bump. It's been a long day and I have to say your topic had me almost rolling on the floor.

Comment

does the second boot involve hitting the reset switch?

i bet your power supply is not able to provide sufficent aperage for the initial POST sequence.

if you can find a second power supply from a better manufacturer and test it in the system, i bet that would clear the problem up.

edit: also, try clocking the processor back to normal speeds, or even underclocking it and see if it helps.
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I would say its the 170Mhz bus thats doing it. clock back to standard, and if you still have the problem, then get a new P/S. The Parhelia does suck up lots of juice.

Ali

Comment

P is most likely pulling a third less power than his OC'd cpu. (p-30 vs cpu~90)

Most (read: not all) 350 watt power supplies are in reality 300watt units with smudged specs.

I have to agree with Ali, down clock your fsb and see how it goes.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

also, how much out of spec is the processor running?

the higher speed bus could cause some problems.

The additional power draw because of the processor being overclocked could potentially be stressing the power supply. kinda why i was thinking dropping the processor speed down might help. if it still occurs at 133fsb, drop it down to 100 and see if the problem continues... if it doesn't the PSU is probably at fault...

i've seen good quality 235W units that provide more power than most cheap 350W units... i acctually have run T-Bird 1.33's off of some 235W units... why? they are good quality units, and not the cheap no-name types. I've even seen cheap 400W units that won't post dual MP systems. its all about the good power supplies
            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

How much power is listed for the 5v and 3.3v lines of the PSU????
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I set the Bus back to 166 ( with a tiler from 5:2,5:1 ) And set the Muliplicator to 9. So my CPU wasa bit underclocked. And the Problem was still there. In the next week i will try a new ->PS<-
                Last edited by Gohan; 29 August 2002, 06:04.
                System:
                P III-S 1.4@1.52
                512 MB SDR-Ram
                Gigabyte-6IEML
                Matrox Parhelia

Comment

Gotz to get me one of them there Superior Power Upply's.
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Maybe DJ Roberts has one lying around out back ?
                    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Either that or try and get a bios update it worked on my nforce board

Comment

I got yur Power Supply and 2 Boots right here

dj
                        My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
                        128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

I would still say put the CPU back to STOCK settings. Then if its stable, try overclocking again. It might not be the PS, but just the card, and or driver issue.

One thing at a time.

ali

Comment

That is realy odd. Know i must only switch the PC on an the P runs.
                            The Card has repaired herself
                            ( I have changed nothing , the fsb is still 170 Mhz )
                            System:
                            P III-S 1.4@1.52
                            512 MB SDR-Ram
                            Gigabyte-6IEML
                            Matrox Parhelia

Comment

I borowed Parhelia from Croteam for few days, and I have also 2 Boots. First there is some strange colours on screen, but without any sounds (oh, yeah, I turned them off), but after a reboot everything is fine. Strange, becouse I never had thet problem with a grafic card. I stinks like Parhelia BIOS to me.

Oh, yeah, and I borowed two monitors from my friends so I can test the SG on Parhelia.
                              <font size="1" color="green">Holly: "Appreciate what vou've got, because basically, I'm fantastic!"</font>

Comment

Working...
                              X